For those of your who MINI-TWIST your own hair????

rosie

Well I DID IT!!!

Last night, I gave myself a really good henna treatment:

Okay, explain this henna treatment, this doesn't look like the mud caked head that I have when I have done it in the past, is this a lighter, better way to do this?

Please let me know?

Oh, and I have done mini twists in the past, but my hair tangles so much, (read, I'm very lazy), so I wear mini braids alot now, 'cause I like to keep them in for about 2 months.

oooop2

Okay, explain this henna treatment, this doesn't look like the mud caked head that I have when I have done it in the past, is this a lighter, better way to do this?

Please let me know?

Oh, and I have done mini twists in the past, but my hair tangles so much, (read, I'm very lazy), so I wear mini braids alot now, 'cause I like to keep them in for about 2 months.

LOL..I know what you mean. My first henna experience was TERRIBLE..If it weren't for some experienced Henna users giving me some sound advice, I would have given up on henna.

I buy a local brand of henna shipped directly from India. However, it really looks no different from the henna I've purchased from mountainrose.com

I place henna in a plastic container and add some ACV. I let this sit overnight.

Next day, I added plain yogurt, molasses, honey, EVOO, coconut oil, hempseed oil, little lime juice and coconut milk, and glycerin to the container and mix well. For me the yogurt is the trick. I allows the henna to go on smooth. Also, before applying the henna to my hair, I make a mix of aloe condish mixed w/ EVOO, shea oil, coconut and castor oil and apply a generous amt to my hair. This allows the henna to wash out of my hair easily.

HTH :)

oooop2

OKay..So yesterday made 1 week since I've been wearing my mini-twist. I can't tell you guys how much I am loving these twist. So here is my week old hairdo:

Well every night, I've been apply this spritz to my scalp (mix of distilled water, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, glycerin, jojoba oil, and peppermint oil). And during the day, I reapply w/ a small amt of S-curl (not sure if I've loving the S-curl. Leave my hair feeling a bit sticky). But anyway, I spritz my hair at night then cover w/ a moisture lock cap.

Well yesterday, my scalp started really talking to me, so I decided to wash. I followed the advice given to me by some other twisties, and it was wonderful. I added my shampoo in a spritz bottle w/ distilled water and peppermint oil and just applied to my scalp. Then I gently massaged in. Next I rinsed w/ a slow stream of water. I then applied my condish gently not to disrupt my twist and had it sit on my hair for awhile. I then rinse out. Clarified w/ ACV and distilled water. Then did a final rinse w/ distilled water.

Here is my freshly wash hair:

And hair is my dry hair:

Didn't even have to retwist any and my scalp feels AMAZING and my hair feels and looks great

Thanks for letting me share!!

OKay..So yesterday made 1 week since I've been wearing my mini-twist. I can't tell you guys how much I am loving these twist. So here is my week old hairdo:

Well every night, I've been apply this spritz to my scalp (mix of distilled water, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, glycerin, jojoba oil, and peppermint oil). And during the day, I reapply w/ a small amt of S-curl (not sure if I've loving the S-curl. Leave my hair feeling a bit sticky). But anyway, I spritz my hair at night then cover w/ a moisture lock cap.

Well yesterday, my scalp started really talking to me, so I decided to wash. I followed the advice given to me by some other twisties, and it was wonderful. I added my shampoo in a spritz bottle w/ distilled water and peppermint oil and just applied to my scalp. Then I gently massaged in. Next I rinsed w/ a slow stream of water. I then applied my condish gently not to disrupt my twist and had it sit on my hair for awhile. I then rinse out. Clarified w/ ACV and distilled water. Then did a final rinse w/ distilled water.

Here is my freshly wash hair:

And hair is my dry hair:

Didn't even have to retwist any and my scalp feels AMAZING and my hair feels and looks great

Thanks for letting me share!!

Looks great :yep: I'm glad you like them!

Lucky's Mom

ooooop - your hair is beautiful.

I took out my mini twists.... But it was not purty. So - Bigger twists will be my next move.

JustKiya

What about locking?
Will this cause my hair to lock if I put twists in my hair for too long?

Yes, yes it will. How long is 'too' long depends on your hair, but I started my locs by putting in two strand twists, and deciding to never take them out. :lol:

oooop2

I'm jealous:grin:! You wash your hair and it still looks great.

Girl, you have my dream hair. I'm the one jealous :grin:

I just took notes from those who posted about how to deal w/ an itchy scalp. So I just adapted my wash to what they said...