For the many that asked about my "natural" sew in...Here's what it looked like..

BrockStar

(Great for 3c/4a hair!!)
It looks like little spirals but once you sew it in you have to seperate the curls to get it "fluffier" to blend well with your natural hair. The pic is in my siggy(2nd picture). I did zig-zag (ear to ear) cornrows for the sew in and left out the perimeter(in case you want a ponytail). My hair was shorter then so I used a thin black headband to cover up where my fake hair ended..lol..I know..bootleg but it looksed soooo natural. A bigger pic of the style is in my fotki under the last album. Hope this helps! i think I'm going to put it back in this week:grin:

hair2-2.jpg

sewin.jpg

Last edited:
You are so beautiful and your hair really compliments your face. I love that sew in.

My god its looks so good. I would never think to do that. What a great Ideal. You look really great in it.

:grin: I love it!!!! Look so pretty and very natural. Gorgeous!!!

In another thread a while back someone made a comment about "never seeing a weave look good on a natural head" well I believe this post and pic would really surprise them/prove them wrong. :yep:

every time I saw you siggy, I'd think "She has really nice ringlets" and now I've been hoodwinked!!!!:lachen:

It looks really, really nice :)

You weave is beautiful! Now when I put mine back up,I will look for this hair. I was thinking up trying Pro 10 bohemian for the curly look but yours looks better.

And your natural hair is beautiful too.

every time I saw you siggy, I'd think "She has really nice ringlets" and now I've been hoodwinked!!!!:lachen:

It looks really, really nice :)

Lol nooo that is my real hair in the first pic. The second one is a sew in so the ringlets are mine :grin:

I hate to not wear my natural hair sometimes, but I'm gonna go back to the weave pretty soon to maximize my growth!

I edited the first post so u don't have to go to the fotki

BrockStar,

Do you mind sharing your regimen while wearing your sew in? Also, how was your hair braided underneath and how long did you keep the style in your hair? I would love for this to be my summer style though b/c it is just beautiful!

BrockStar,

Do you mind sharing your regimen while wearing your sew in? Also, how was your hair braided underneath and how long did you keep the style in your hair? I would love for this to be my summer style though b/c it is just beautiful!

I didn't do this one for long, but normally I would leave it in for about 5-6 weeks. With this weave, all you really have to do is make sure you run your fingers through it every morning to make sure you reduce the tangles. I feel like curly hair is pretty easy to maintain b/c you don't have to curl it, etc. I took advantage of the low manipulation opportunity and I only washed right before, once while it was about 3 weeks in, and a GOOD clarifying and deep condition when I took it out.

The braids were from side to side (zig zag) starting at the bottom and going to the top. The perimeter was left out in case I wanted a ponytail or something. Hope this helps! One thing I can promise you is that everybody thought it was real! :grin:

Wow, it so beautiful! It looks like my hair type. What products do you use on it BrockStar to keep it looking so moist?

I didn't do this one for long, but normally I would leave it in for about 5-6 weeks. With this weave, all you really have to do is make sure you run your fingers through it every morning to make sure you reduce the tangles. I feel like curly hair is pretty easy to maintain b/c you don't have to curl it, etc. I took advantage of the low manipulation opportunity and I only washed right before, once while it was about 3 weeks in, and a GOOD clarifying and deep condition when I took it out.

The braids were from side to side (zig zag) starting at the bottom and going to the top. The perimeter was left out in case I wanted a ponytail or something. Hope this helps! One thing I can promise you is that everybody thought it was real! :grin:

thanks BrockStar :giveheart::blowkiss::hug2: Hopefully, this summer I will have enough hair that can be braided so that I may get this sew in :cloud9: :crossfingers:. Thanks again BrockStar for sharing your sew in style with us :bighug::love3:

Wow, it so beautiful! It looks like my hair type. What products do you use on it BrockStar to keep it looking so moist?

Hmm I'm really cheap so just the braid sheep spray. Oh and also I wet the hair around the perimeter periodically to get the curl back/help it blend and make sure it didn't get matted.

No prob Tishee!!! It WILL be long enough:grin:

Hmm I'm really cheap so just the braid sheep spray. Oh and also I wet the hair around the perimeter periodically to get the curl back/help it blend and make sure it didn't get matted.

No prob Tishee!!! It WILL be long enough:grin:

:kiss2::Blush2::kissing4:thanks sweetie...I so needed that.:giveheart:

BrockStar Girl that style was made for you:yep:

I agree. It totally looks like her natural hair, only longer. If my hair were the same texture I would be tempted to try this as well. I guess I will be sticking with my buns for now though :look:.

Back