For girls BSL and longer - how do you wear your hair at night?

*KP*

I ask because I am shoulder length and wrap my hair at night quite easily. When I was APL I found it more difficult but got by. I imagine wrapping is very difficult if not impossible with BSL hair or longer (I tried with my weave and got nowhere!).

So if you have BSL or longer hair, how do you wear your hair at night?

Thanks,
K

ashmack

I usually just pull my hair up loosely with a bear claw clip. Then I wear a satin scarf or a half wrap to protect my edges. I used to wrap my hair, but I feel like wraping breaks off my edges.

*KP*

I usually just pull my hair up loosely with a bear claw clip. Then I wear a satin scarf or a half wrap to protect my edges. I used to wrap my hair, but I feel like wraping breaks off my edges.

How do you do a half wrap? I've never heard of that

neonbright

I am almost BSL a few inches away and I just wrap it up mostly. Sometimes I twist it up and put a scarf on.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I usually wear my hair in a ponytail, twist it and pin it up. Well, starting tonight, I'll be going back to my 2 braids. I think that doing the ponytail thing is causing me to shed hair in that area (that's the only area that seems to be shedding a lot lately). I finish off with a scarf.

Ivonnovi

I usually wear my hair in a ponytail, twist it and pin it up. Well, starting tonight, I'll be going back to my 2 braids. I think that doing the ponytail thing is causing me to shed hair in that area (that's the only area that seems to be shedding a lot lately). I finish off with a scarf.

Do you ever wear your hair loose with the wave pattern established by the overnight braids? or twists? I've done this but lack the imagination to vary the styles.

Isis

I pin curl my hair, then cover it with a silk or satin scarf if I want to maintain a rollerset or I braid/plait my hair in four braids if I want a braidout, covering it also with a silk or satin scarf. :)

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I ask because I am shoulder length and wrap my hair at night quite easily. When I was APL I found it more difficult but got by. I imagine wrapping is very difficult if not impossible with BSL hair or longer (I tried with my weave and got nowhere!).

So if you have BSL or longer hair, how do you wear your hair at night?

Thanks,
K
I am shoulder length also, but after watching Macherieamour's wrap tutorial, I thought my hair would get easier to wrap as it gets longer.

ashmack

How do you do a half wrap? I've never heard of that

I'm sorry. I call the net hair protector thingy a "half wrap" I was not meaning half wrap as a wrapping technique. Sorry. Here is a picture:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/2320/378160

I just pull my hair up and put this around my edges. I'm a wild sleeper so I have to keep my hair in place with this.

Last edited:

Neroli

Depends on how I'm wearing. If in a protective style like one large cornrown or braid, then I leave that alone all week and just tie down with scraf at night. If I'm bunning, I undo the pins and tie down with hair in bun but without pins. If I'm wearing loose, then one super large pin curl and tie down with scarf.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I moisturize, seal w/oil, and then twist it into a loose bun secured w/ a single bobby pin. Then I tie on a satin scarf.

*KP*

Has anybody got the link to macherieamour's wrapping tutorial? I did a search but could only find people talking about how great it was!

*KP*

Thanks for the link, I can't see the video now because I'm at work but can't wait to try it out.

sweetcashew

If I'm wearing it blow-dried and flat-ironed straight, I cross wrap it.
If it's roller set and I want it straight I just regular wrap it.
If I want big loose waves, I sleep with it in a bun.

*KP*

I'm APL and I crosswrap as well, I find it much easier to do when hair is longer...

I read something about cross wrapping on the forum but I can't find that thread now. Is that where you part the hair down the centre and take the left side and clip it to the front right and the opposite with the other side?

How does the hair turn out in the morning?