Flax Seed Oil

greAtness333

What brand of flax seed oil does everyone use? Do you use the oil or capsule? I prefer the capsule cuz I don't cook much (I'mma college student). Where do you get it?

greAtness333

Okay, I just found another type of flax seed oil for external use. I'm confused?

pink_flower

I use the oil. Its supposedly better/fresher and I dont wanna take 10 capsules just to equal one tablespoon. I got mine at a local health food store. I cant remember the name, Im away from my house right now. But it should be located in refridgerated section.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My mom has Nature Made Flax Seed Oil Capsules and she hads the actual seeds. She got it from Kroger. You can also get Nature Made supplements from Target, Walgreens, CVS, and other grocery or retail stores.

Question: What is flax seed oil for? Ive heard it acts like a laxative. That's what my mom uses it for. Ive seen a lot of people on here that take flax seed oil supplements. Do they promote hair growth and healthy hair too???

greAtness333

Question: What is flax seed oil for? Ive heard it acts like a laxative. That's what my mom uses it for. Ive seen a lot of people on here that take flax seed oil supplements. Do they promote hair growth and healthy hair too???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think flax seed oil has different uses. But I did read somewhere (sorry, I can't remember where) that it was necessary (optional) for hair growth. I should research what other members have said about it.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Below are two links Poohbear about Flaxseed oil (and flaxseeds). This oil is high in Omega 3 just like certain seafood such as salmon is high in Omega 3. It is an essential oil meaning we all need it in our bodies, otherwise we deteriorate.
When we take it internally daily, it makes our hair shinier and stronger and healthier. Some say softer and silkier too. I noticed the difference in about a week of taking the recommended 1 tablespoon of oil per 100 pounds of body weight. No more dry skin or hair! There are many other benefits also like increased metabolism to burn off fat (this fat does not get stored as fat).

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat/0/Number/368594/page//view//sb/5/o/all/fpart/1/vc/1

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat/0/Number/147396/page//view//sb/5/o/all/fpart/1/vc/1

inthepink

I take GNCs flax seed oil. I bought it on sale for about $5. I like taking the oil b/c I don't want to take a bunch of pills. Lately, I've been sick fo the taste so I'm going to try mixing it in with salad or veggies.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I take the vitamin shoppe brand in a soft gel capsule 1,000 mg twice daily. I tried getting the oil down but I just couldn't do it. Good thing the Vitamin Shoppe has a good return policy. I took the oil back and exchanged it for the softgel capsules.

SherryLove

I take the Omega Twin oil by Barleans....It is supposed to be one of the best sources of flax/borage/primrose oils on the market.....