Flattering Cuts for Thin & Fine Relaxed Hair

Junebug D

I am considering a bob, but I am concerned that it may not be all that flattering. :look: But I could be wrong?

I also don't want to go super-short either, I want enough hair to be able to make a ponytail.

So what would be a flattering, easy to maintain cut for relaxed hair that is fine AND thin?

Coffy

Bobs are usually universal! I'd start off with a soft bob below the chin line and see how you feel from there :)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
a fairly blunt bob about collarbone length would be really flattering, and you will still be able to make a ponytail.
the bluntness will help your hair to appear denser, and my fine strands are easier to keep moisturized when they are all at one length.
i'm natural, btw.

ETA: pics.

Last edited:

Nina_deF

Agreeing about the bob.

I had thin, relaxed hair (I now have thin natural hair) and while it grew pretty good (thank you Pythospecific) it never really looked right long.
So my stylist cut it to a bob and it was great.
I flatironed once a week, sleep in a satin bonnet and it was a shake and go every morning.

Here it is non-flatironed, but scrunched like crazy to get some curl back.

Kneechay

Girl, go for that bob, and get it angled where the back's shorter than the front sides, stacked, giving the appearance of more volume. Like someone said upthread, a bob's universal and I think you'll love it. Now, if youre on the fence, do like I did and get a weave bob. (Check my threads for the pics) This way, cutting your own hair isnt an issue. I love bobs, I'm getting one at the end of May for 3 months.

Iluvsmuhgrass

My hair was fine as a relaxed head and it's just as fine now that I'm natural. I tried the blunt bobs and the weight of it made my hair look so thin. :nono: I found what I was looking for when I went for a layered bob. It gave me body, shape, and volume. I could style it several different ways (curly or straight with a little bump or even a flip.) It worked very well for me.