Flattening Hair and NTM

Renaylor

I am trying new ways to straighten and flatten my hair without wet wrapping. I find that my fine hair breaks easily when wet wrapping not when dry wrapping. I am considering wet setting my hair, air drying it and using steam rollers to relax the curl and then dry wrap. The other alternative I have heard of to flatten my edges would be to use NTM and then a silk scarf,then air dry-Does anyone know how that method works? If so would the Caruso rollers be enough to straigthen my hair(I am texlaxed) and then I can dry wrap my hair? Any help would be appreciated, thanks:)

The 'scarf method' does work really well.
Also, I have had success w/ using the Carusos to then smooth out my hair after air drying in a ponytail or down. I use the largest rollers I have and the outcome is a nice 'bump' and not a tight curl.

Also--if you airdry in large rollers---you will get the same result and you normally won't need to then use steam rollers afterwards---just make sure you air is 100% dry when you take them out.

hth

The technique you are referring to with NTM and the satin (or silk) scarf is from Sylver2. It's to flatten the newgrowth which is applying NTM Silk Touch leave-in to the newgrowth on dry hair, then immediately tying the scarf on. This works very well. :yep:

I've used Carusos for several years now but haven't yet used the large ones to smooth out my hair. I airdry in a rollerset using magnetic rollers for smoothing.

Thanks Isis,I thought it that NTM had to be applied to wet hair then air dried. I picked some up today and I liked the smell and consistency of this leave in, so I hope it works:)

Renaylor said:
Thanks Isis,I thought it that NTM had to be applied to wet hair then air dried. I picked some up today and I liked the smell and consistency of this leave in, so I hope it works:)
You're welcome. You can also ask Sylver2 for more details about how her technique works.

You could do the scarf method with the NTM doing a half-wrap! Check KhandiB's fotki, she has a how-to-do with pics in her fotki.

You can do a half wrap and secure it with a satin scarf. I never tried it yet but I cna't wait.

Back