After the co-wash, what do you do?

leigh.hill

I do a combination of things to my hair after co-washing. Nothing that is perfect. Wrapping is OUT for me. Too much manipulation. Just curious (and still looking for a wrap-alternative - I even tried pin curling wet hair, braid out on wet hair, and twist out on wet hair. Every time, I woke up with a dry-looking Jheri curl :nono:)

tiffjust2002

I usually just put it in a bun or a wash n go ponytail. But braids out on wet curl or twist outs work for me but I tend not to do them on wet hair because it seems to create or cause more breakage because my hair is more fragile and I don't like the shrinkage. I prefer to work on dry stretched hair.

BGT

I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, olive oil serum, coconut and castor oil and detangle. Let it airdry. Lay it flat with a scarf and go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

leigh.hill

I use Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1, olive oil serum, coconut and castor oil and detangle. Let it airdry. Lay it flat with a scarf and go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

What do you do with your hair in the morning?

EnExitStageLeft

I apply my leave-ins in this order: Distilled water, Giovanni Vitapro Fusion Leave In treatment, Tropic Isle Living JBCO Serum, Bee Mine Deja's Hair Milk, and Bee Mine Balance Cream Moisturizer (I'm experimenting the L.O.C <Liquid,Oil,Cream> Method). I then air dry and style. Generally my hair ends up in a bun :yep:.

leiah

Oil
Leave In
Detangle
braid
Seal ends

I air dry in braids for 1 day then the next day I wear a bun or a braid out.

kellistarr

Use T-shirt turban method for the seconds that it takes to put T-shirt on hair like a turban. Remove T-shirt, apply leave-in; then styler throughout my hair. Let air dry.

Styler is usually a curl creme or curl pudding.

Leslie_C

I lightly blot with a t shirt...apply leave in, oil, and cream in 4-6 sections,then band those sections. Airdry like that and bun or grecian twists in the am. The following evening since my hair is stretched I may do bantu knots or braids for an out style or to vary the texture for my old faithful bun lol.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Apply LIs and do one of the following:
-Wet bun and sit under hooded dryer
-Air dry
-Roller set
-Pony roller set
-Part hair down center, two strand twist each section, cross wrap the hair, sit under hooded dryer

Dove56

I towel dry and use either Lets Jam Cream-Gel or Shea Moisture cream for thick, curly hair on everything except the actual ponytail. I put conditioner on the ponytail then put it in a bun.

Last edited:

spellinto

After a cowash, I wait until my hair is 60% dry, then detangle & moisturize. Then I'll either braid my hair, grease my ends, and apply flexi rods to them. If I'm lazy, I'll only make 2 braids and wear them as pigtails for the day. But if I can, I'll unravel the braids after a few hours/the next day and rock a braidout.

OR

After I detangle and moisturize, I'll grease my ends and pin my hair up to finish drying. Then I'll style it into a bun or, if I'm not going anywhere, put on a satin scarf.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
I let my hair airdry in 6 twists for about an hour, spray with Aphogee Green Tea Restructerizer, moisturize with Giovanni Direct Leave-In + Glycerin and seal with Blue Magic Coconut Grease.

I'll either leave it in the moisturized twists for a day then style with KCC or later that night once it's dried even more.