Flatironed my hair for length check. (pics inside)

bermudabeauty

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]These pics are 20months post relaxer.

If I could get some suggestions on what products to use while flatironing so my hair dosen't revert back to curls would be great. Thanks ladies.

click for larger view

Attachments

• hair 26.jpg
    hair 26.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 524
  • hair 25.jpg
    hair 25.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 558
  • hair 24.jpg
    hair 24.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 277
thank you for the compliments ladies...however by this time tomorrow all this hard work is going to go down the drain. My hair is going to revert and look more like a blow out than a flat ironed look. I will wrap it tonight to prevent the hair from looking too poofy tomorrow. But I could really use some product suggestions to prevent reversion. I'm gonna have to stalk some of your fotki's. lol

What did you already use on it? And i would follow westndnbeauty's regimen with tons of moisture. if the hair is at its moisture capacity, it wont take anymore and poof out. HTH

Beautiful indeed! I love how full/thick your hair is. Looks so healthy!

To avoid reversion, I would recommend using a serum like John Frieda Frizz Ease Thermal Protection Serum, or perhaps try the other very popular product for that: Sabino Moisture Block. I use my serum during the flat-ironing process so I can lock in the results from the get-go. Never done it later.

if it does start to revert, why dont you put some bantu knots or curlformers to keep the press for as long as possible? I would use a heat serum prior to flat ironing and just use some oil ie. coconut oil to help set the curls. other than that for me, reversion is inevitable!!!!! so i find ways to keep the press for as long as possible.

hana shine shield works well and before ironing try usually a poo & conditioner for heat usage by the way very lovely

Back