Flat twists

keke

Hello. Can anyone tell me/show me pics of how to do Flat twists tightly. I did some last night, went well but they are VERY FAT! lol. I was wondering what i can do to keep them much tighter and to my scalp, unless maybe im flat twisting wrong or something, i dunno.

patience

I have a couple of pics on my site. Also, it depends on how much hair you use, how tight you pull and how you keep it from "retracting" for lack of a better description when you're done with it.

gabrielle2

i agree with patience. i also have some pics on my site. i have very thick hair so i have to make my parts a little smaller and as patience said..pull tighter. i refreshed them last evening after a quick con. wash and noticed that my flat twists came out much better and tighter using a little shea butter assisting with each wet twist.

keke

Same w/me gabrielle. I have thick hair too so i guess i gotta go smaller :p thats more time though. ah wel i'll do it. I'm looking now and they look good, Patience. I gotta get some Shea butter or so. I have Sulfer 8, Parenevu tea tree oil, African Pride, and Jojoba grease. Those are the grease i have, oh and some vaseline too. LOL. And a bit of olive oil not EVOO though, gotta get that later. But thank you for the tips and i shall take pics when they FINALLY come out right. They are now beautifully thick and full, soft, and bouncy(all that good stuff) now but not good to go out in public with. lol

keke

Patience. Loving that puff. oo wee. im there now just gotta do things right to puff it up.
i but off alot of my permed ends yday so i should be bout there now

patience

Thanks for the compliments! Question: why are you putting petroleum based products on your hair?...they're not good for hair or skin...

keke

Well for me they work fine. I've gained plenty of growth using the S-8. I used it while i had braids(along w/s-curl) ad got gr8 amount of growth. I use grease for pressing my hair(which isn't alot though only when needed) and other than that i just grease it(not heavy) w/the S-8 on the scalp only and moisten w/my s-curl and thats it.

As for the skin, vaseline works very well in making my skin very soft and i also use this baby oil gel that has the first ingredient of Mineral Oil in it and it has helped the skin on my face soften and help to get rid of some of these blemishes actually so it really depends on the person.

gabrielle2

[ QUOTE ]
keke said:
Well for me they work fine. I've gained plenty of growth using the S-8. I used it while i had braids(along w/s-curl) ad got gr8 amount of growth. I use grease for pressing my hair(which isn't alot though only when needed) and other than that i just grease it(not heavy) w/the S-8 on the scalp only and moisten w/my s-curl and thats it.

As for the skin, vaseline works very well in making my skin very soft and i also use this baby oil gel that has the first ingredient of Mineral Oil in it and it has helped the skin on my face soften and help to get rid of some of these blemishes actually so it really depends on the person.

[/ QUOTE ]

try the shea butter...i used to be a vaseline/baby oil user...not since i found shea butter. scars are clearing up to almost non existence!
on my face..i use the black soap/shea butter routine.

keke

Ok. i'll use that. i got me some black soap but i got it from a festival that comes once a year. Its almost a year old though. A Lil bit is left. What kind of black soap do you use and where can you get it and same w/the shea butter? Ty

gabrielle2

[ QUOTE ]
keke said:
Ok. i'll use that. i got me some black soap but i got it from a festival that comes once a year. Its almost a year old though. A Lil bit is left. What kind of black soap do you use and where can you get it and same w/the shea butter? Ty

[/ QUOTE ]

i purchase my black soap/honey oatmeal soap/shea butter from www.nasabb.com