Flat Pin Curls- Who has figured this out

gymfreak336

Okay, I want to roll my hair tonight but the thing is, I only get to enjoy my curls for one evening because they don't last overnight. I want to pin curl it but I still can't figure out how to do the flat pin curls the right way. Any tips? I can't find any good videos on it either

Went digging....here's one of my fav. protective styles my hair in the back was pincurled. Let me know how yours turns out.:yep:
SDC10112.jpg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jCtK9r3rfqk&feature=related

She didn't show the first part but here's the end results on this girl head HTH.

I just watched this but when I pincurl my hair it comes out much curlier and sometimes the curls flip the wrong way. I haven't mastered it yet at all. :nono:

ETA: Here is what they looked like on a good day. I also have no idea what it is that I am doing that sometimes it comes out cute and sometimes not. This was before I separated the curls.

pincurlexperiment.jpg

Last edited:
I just use my two index fingers to wind my hair from the bottom up. Once i get a few turns of a complete circle, I use my fingers to guide the piece the rest of the way to my scalp. I think sleekandbouncy does it this way, I may be wrong tho. My curls come out perfect every time here. If I want staying power, I curl the way shown in my fotki. These last even longer, up to 3-7 days. HTH

I just use my two index fingers to wind my hair from the bottom up. Once i get a few turns of a complete circle, I use my fingers to guide the piece the rest of the way to my scalp. I think sleekandbouncy does it this way, I may be wrong tho. My curls come out perfect every time here. If I want staying power, I curl the way shown in my fotki. These last even longer, up to 3-7 days. HTH

OK, I'm gonna try it this way tonight.

I love pincurl sets:

Here is the result of one that I did in April. I did this one straight from a rollerset and then slept with a satin scarf. The next morning, I exercised for an hour, got ready for work, and then released them and they kept the curl so well. You can make them larger for a looser curl and more bounce:

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

I do the same thing. I am going to do a rollerset tonight!

I love pincurl sets:

Here is the result of one that I did in April. I did this one straight from a rollerset and then slept with a satin scarf. The next morning, I exercised for an hour, got ready for work, and then released them and they kept the curl so well. You can make them larger for a looser curl and more bounce:

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

Beautiful curls.:yep:

I love pincurl sets:

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

Thanks so much. This is what i needed to see. I work out in the mornings so this is good for me to know.

I do the flat pin curls. My pics are in my Fotki. My curls tend to look more feathered. I guessing because of the length of my hair. Its way longer now. I will post more pics after I relax July 5 :look:

Beautiful curls.:yep:

Thanks, Mz. Shug!

GymFreak said:
Thanks so much. This is what i needed to see. I work out in the mornings so this is good for me to know.

I think the sweating from exercising makes the curls loosen and allow them to not be as tight. I did pincurls after a rollerset another day and didn't exercise the following morning. I found those curls way too tight for my taste. However, over the next few days, the set looked better. I have those pics in my fotki too.

Let us know how it works for you Gym.

Thanks for all of the help ladies. I tried this last night and it went well. I had a couple of peices that curled a bit too tight and I think I am going to do less curls next time but I was able to keep my cute curls. I had a 20's flapper thing going on this morning. It has fallen just a tad but I love it. I got compliments on it too.

I love pincurl sets:

ry%3D300

ry%3D300

I do mine the exact same way after a rollerset, but usually a do smaller diameter curls so I have a curly set. I pin curl each night and my curls will last for at least 3-4 days, which normally takes me to the next wash day.

And caribgirl, your hair looks great!

Back