Flat ironing natural hair

RocksMiAfroPuff

Ok so i want to know what do you guys do when u need to flat iron ur hair. Ive seen some ppl say they flat iron it with the leave in conditioner and oil. I was told its not good to flat iron the hair with only oil in it. Thats the way ive always done it. I would wash and condition..deep condition, put jojoba oil in, comb it out, twist it and let air dry. Then id use the stove top hot comb to straighten it some then flat iron the rest to get it as straight as i wanted it. Ive always noticed that my ends are more damaged after i do it ithat way though. So if i absolutely need to straighten my hair i need to figure out the right way to do it.

If anybody has a regimen they use when they flat iron their natural hair id love to see it.:grin:

Thanks in advance!

smwrigh3

I am not natural.. I am 9 months post relaxer with 3 more to go! I just flat ironed my hair this is what I did...

I cowashed my hair and the separated my hair into 6 sections. I let it air dry 80-85% of the way then I apply leave in conditioner and blow dried each each section. Then I applied heat protection which I use Paul Mitchel Skinny serum. And flat ironed in thin sections. I started at 9pm (watching Glee) I finished at 2am. (some of that is hair drying time)