Flat Iron Recommendations!

Nazaneen

I need some flat iron rec's! I've been using the classic Sedu irons for years and trust my hair to them. They do not snag, the plates are glossy, and they doesn't seem to fry my hair too badly lol. The one issue I have is with the quality of the irons... they all seem to short out on me in time which is very disappointing. I'm hesitant to shell out for yet another one and it seems they may not even make the smaller size of the original anymore so it may be time to move on... :cry3:

What are some good, non snagging, smooth plated flat irons? I tried the Hana Elite and did not care for it. The smell it gave off and the way my hair looked was not satisfactory... I've also used Chi and many other brands. Nothing seems superior to Sedu:(.

UPDATE: A number of you rec'd the FHI Platform so I went for it and love it :D.

Last edited:

Dove56

I need some flat iron rec's! I've been using the classic Sedu irons for years and trust my hair to them. They do not snag, the plates are glossy, and they doesn't seem to fry my hair too badly lol. The one issue I have is with the quality of the irons... they all seem to short out on me in time which is very disappointing. I'm hesitant to shell out for yet another one and it seems they may not even make the smaller size of the original anymore so it may be time to move on... :cry3:

What are some good, non snagging, smooth plated flat irons? I tried the Hana Elite and did not care for it. The smell it gave off and the way my hair looked was not satisfactory... I've also used Chi and many other brands. Nothing seems superior to Sedu:(.

I am looking for one as well. I have a Babyliss Titanium flatiron but it kills my curl pattern if I use it too often. I've been using my Instyler but I'm ready to go back flatironing instead. My Instyler is Ceramic so I get no heat damage.

A stylist on Youtube (Moknowshair - her hair is 3A) uses FHI Platform 1 inch on hair textures from 4c to 2B and the results look super silky. Hmmm.

LiveLoveLife

I use the Croc 2 Infrared flatiron and I LOVE it. :love: I'm a straight haired natural and I flatiron pretty often. FHI was cool, but the Croc 2 is my fave. I think Southernbella did a review on here, if you do a search. That's what convinced me to buy it, lol.

Rozlewis

Hana Professional flatiron is good. I do not flat iron often but when I do this is the one I use.

greenbees

I love my Sedu and that's all I use to flat iron my hair but I bought my aunt a Solia flat iron and she loves it.

Nazaneen

So I finally used the FHI Platform. I love it. My hair seems "calmer" than when I used the Sedu. It straightens my hair easily and leaves it soft. It does not snag and I don't need to use it at maximum heat. I like the weight of it in my hand, has a nice sturdy feel.
Thanks so much for recommending this ladies!
Honey Bee if you have any ?'s ask away.

One ? I have... how do you know exactly what temp the iron is set to?
Do you line the dial numbers up with the dot under the word temperature?

Last edited:

cocoagirl

I understand the $$$ 100% ceramic irons have multiple layers of ceramic lining the plates making it better overall for the hair but if one purchases a $30 ceramic iron from the drugstore, will that damage your hair at all? Does a cheapo ceramic iron work well on hair up until the ceramic starts to chip away exposing the metal?