Flat-Iron Questions....

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
I'm in the market for a new flat-iron, but I'd like to ask all the heat users some questions first

1. How often do you flat-iron your hair?

2. What is you preferred brand of flat-iron

3. How does using this iron compare w/professional results (against a professional marcel iron)

4. How straight are you able to get your hair?

5. Do the results last?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really trying be agressive about finding products that work. Thanks in advance, ladies.

Shatani

not very often at all....once every couple of months i guess....im on a no-heat challenge now though, and sbaker will knock me out if i pick up a heat appliance anytime soon (dont tell her i was talkin about it! :look: :lol: )

maxiglide!!!!!

3. How does using this iron compare w/professional results (against a professional marcel iron)

um...ive never had a professional flat iron me...i have had them press me, and this is FAR better! no greasy limp straight look, only light fluffy touchable straight look.

as straight as i want it....i generally dont go for the hard press, but i tried it just to see if i could....and i could! :D

5. Do the results last?

well, i would be foolish enough to flat iron my hair in the summer and expect it to last because i sweat a lot on my head....but when the weather was cooler i kept it for two weeks....however, i missed my coilies, so thats why i washed it out....i think it would have lasted longer.

ChocoKitty

-Once a week when I'm using heat. I'm try to stay heat free for the summer... ::rolls eyes::

-The T3 Tourmaline
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P90610&categoryId=C11244

-Much better--if not the same.

-Bone straight. Just like when I had a relaxer many years ago.

5. Do the results last?
Yes! I've walked in the drizzle and humidity with absolutely no umbrella and my hair barely moved. I love my T3s!!!:grin:

DatJerseyDyme

How often do you flat iron your hair:
Lately, it's been around once a month, but usually not that much.

What is your preferred brand of flat iron:
I love my 1" Chi turbo

How does the iron compare with professional results?
I don't remember the last time a marcel touched my hair...can't comment.

How straight are you able to get your hair?
STRAIGHT..really STRAIGHT - there's a pic in my album

Do the results last?
Mine last a long time. At least a week, but I didn't get full reversion of my newgrowth until 1.5-2 weeks.

balisi

I don't classify myself as a heat user, since I flat iron my hair only about once every three months. As a cosmetology student, I do use a flat iron on my clients' hair.

I like Jilbere. At at recent hair show, I purchased a professional flat iron that gives quicker, straighter results. The iron heats up in 10 seconds.

I think it is as good as a professional marcel iron, results-wise. However, it is harder to control the heat on such irons. IMO, marcel irons owe much of their straightening power to weight.

Pin straight every time.

5. Do the results last?
My hair is natural, so the results last as long as I keep my hair out of humidity and away from moisture, but I never go more than a week between shampoos anyway.

Hello Ladies,
I use the Tourmaline T3 Wet to Dry. I do this about once per week, and love the results. I get silky straight hair with this thing and use it to make curls and flips. I wait until my hair is a bit wetter than damp, then appply a leave in conditioner, a silicone based heat protectant and mousse. It dries and straightens in one step. The culrs last all day into the evening, but the next day I touch up with Caruso steam curlers. I do this every day until my next wash about every four days. Inbetween washes I apply a bit of essential oil like WGO, or coconut oil to maintain moisture.
The silicone helps repel moisture, and if I should sweat it out at the roots a bit, I touch up with a ceramic curling iron, or wear it in an updo and you can't see the roots. The caruso curls look great when pinned up with a simple circular comb style barrette. I don't know what it's called. I just buy them by the pack at walmart or the dollar store. When stretched out end to end its about 10-12 inches and when enclosed in the package it makes about a 6-8 inch circle. These are great for naturals, wash n go, or formal looks for an up do. If anyone knows what I'm talking abou please let me know what they're called. I would like to find fancir ones like I used to find in more collors, but now all walmart carries are packages of three with 1 black , 1 clear, & 1 brown. :ohwell: