First trip to Sally's, What should I buy?

MissFallon

Hey, today I am going to Sally's for the first time to get hair products. I have been there b4 but that was only to buy permanent hair color. What protein treatments/deep conditioners should I consider purchasing while I am there? I am looking for things that are kinda specific to Sally's and can't really be found in regular bss. TIA:D

ETA: I'm just being a PJ cuz I finished my "use everything in your closet" challege, and need new products now. My hair is in good condition, I'm not having any major problems w/ it at this point.

Ok, let me think here....

1.) Ultra Sheen Duo Tex Protein Conditioner - I just used this yesterday and it wasn't too bad. I think I will like it as a protein treatment; just make sure to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner

2.) Silk Elements Leave-in Moisturizing Cream (I think that's the name)- It's actually a good leave-in and/or moisturizer, I've used it before, but my PJ ways had me trying new things when I ran out of that.

3.) Silk Elements Foam Wrap Lotion- It has some good ingredients, and I liked that too.

4.) ORS Mayo or Silk Elements Hair Mayonaise if you'd like a mayo for a pre-poo treatment or just another protein treatment.

5.) Motions Nourish Leave-in- a great detangler IMO

6.) As far as shampoos/conditioners, you'd have to just find what works for you. As far as shampoo/conditioners at Sally's, I've tried ION Moisturizing Shampoo and the ION Effective Care Treatment and they both work fine, but I wouldn't advise getting the ION Moisturizing Treatment because it's mask-like and made my hair hard. The Moisturizing Shampoo and Effective Care Treatment are nice.

7.) Creme of Nature (green label) is always a good choice.

*I'm in a bit of a hurry to get my work done and go on and get home early...sorry that I can't give a list of EVERYTHING I suggest that you should buy, but I did try to list some of the basics of what you would need.

I use CON green label already and ORS hair mayo. I'm pretty set on leave-ins. I'm kinda interested in the silk element products. I have the ION treatment in the little pack and it didn't do ish for my hair, so I don't think I like ION products. I think I will try the silk elements though.

MissFallon said:
I use CON green label already and ORS hair mayo. I'm pretty set on leave-ins. I'm kinda interested in the silk element products. I have the ION treatment in the little pack and it didn't do ish for my hair, so I don't think I like ION products. I think I will try the silk elements though.

I am probably extremely biased, but you should definitely try anything from the Silk Elements line.

I've gotta agree with this. Get WGO from Sally's to guarantee that you're getting the real deal!

Other stuff to get(accessories included): plastic conditioning caps (I bought 100 of them for $5.99!), Quantum chelating/clarifying shampoo, ORS conditioning packs, Sally's discount card--that $5/year goes a looooong way), satin scarves, Isoplus neutralizing shampoo, ORS mayo (tube or tub). :)

MissVee said:
Wild growth oil

Are any of these things items that I can ONLY get at Sally's? Sally's is in New Jersey and I live in NY so I don't want to go and get products I can get from a regular beauty supply store in nyc. I know silk elements is. What about that duo tex stuff? I had WGO when I was high school and it didn't seem to make a difference to me. I may try it again towards the end of the year, how do you use it? I remember the directions said something like apply a couple of times a day to scalp, is that what you do? Does Sally's sell Surge?

WGO is definitely my all time favorite Sally's product, mos def! :yep:

My other Sally's only items that I'd reccomend are the following:
Silk Elements lye relaxer and Mega Cholesterol
Proclaim Aloe & Shea Butter Conditoner
Proclaim Aloe Hot Oil
Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat Protectant
Hask Straightening Solution

That's what I'm feeling right now that's exclusive to Sally's. :D

There are at least 2 Sally's in NYC: in Brooklyn and Staten Island. I go to both of them, but mostly the BK location. :)

MissFallon said:
Are any of these things items that I can ONLY get at Sally's? Sally's is in New Jersey and I live in NY so I don't want to go and get products I can get from a regular beauty supply store in nyc. I know silk elements is. What about that duo tex stuff? I had WGO when I was high school and it didn't seem to make a difference to me. I may try it again towards the end of the year, how do you use it? I remember the directions said something like apply a couple of times a day to scalp, is that what you do? Does Sally's sell Surge?

Okay, since I am VP of the Silk Elements fanclub(the PREZ knows who she is, NO NAMES) get: Relaxer, MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, Cholesterol, and Creme Leave-In (I wish they would come out with a leave-in spray)

Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo(has color alarm, the SE one doesn't. Maybe jus me, but I needs that color alarm)

Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Shampoo and Con

Motions Nourish Leave In IS good, but Wal-Greens has the bonus size on sale this week.

I spent $60 in Sally last night. Watch ya wallet.

bklynwildheart said:
There are at least 2 Sally's in NYC: in Brooklyn and Staten Island. I go to both of them, but mostly the BK location. :)

I can see Jersey from my house so its only like 15 minutes away plus I wanted to go to Walmart. There is also one that I went to a couple of yrs ago in the Bx on Fordham Rd.

yourleoqueen said:
Okay, since I am VP of the Silk Elements fanclub(the PREZ knows who she is, NO NAMES) get: Relaxer, MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, Cholesterol, and Creme Leave-In (I wish they would come out with a leave-in spray)

Proclaim Neutralizing Shampoo(has color alarm, the SE one doesn't. Maybe jus me, but I needs that color alarm)
Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter Shampoo and Con

Motions Nourish Leave In IS good, but Wal-Greens has the bonus size on sale this week.

I spent $60 in Sally last night. Watch ya wallet.
I don't like this about SE Neutralizer either. I will look for the Proclaim one. Thanks

gradygirl said:
I don't like this about SE Neutralizer either. I will look for the Proclaim one. Thanks

I thought you should only use neutralizing shampoos after relaxers? I am transitioning, should I still use it? I currently use Jason's Natural Thin-To-Thick Shampoo

Sorry, I didn't notice that you were transitioning. Well then itsnay on the relaxer. You don't need the neutralizing poo, they are good clarifiers(sp?) but if you already have one that works weli for you, spend that money on something else. The Revive and Restore Mayo gets good reviews here, I haven't tried it though.

yourleoqueen said:
Sorry, I didn't notice that you were transitioning. Well then itsnay on the relaxer. You don't need the neutralizing poo, they are good clarifiers(sp?) but if you already have one that works weli for you, spend that money on something else. The Revive and Restore Mayo gets good reviews here, I haven't tried it though.

Ill prolly try those too, you can never have too many deep conditioners (well not the way I LOVE to wash my hair:p )

Wouldn't steam rollers be like using a hot curler? or a dryer? I'm trying to limit my use of heat, even when I rollerset I airdry the rollers unless I'm in a rush.

Back