First Time Aphogee...It's a Keeper!

Katt73

This stuff is great!:D I used the Treatment for Damaged Hair (the one that gets hard) for the first time yesterday. While it didn't completely eradicate my breakage (I guess it takes repeated use for that to happen), my hair is so incredibly thick looking today it's like the old pre-relaxer blow-out days! My SO was like, "Wow...your hair looks really pretty today! You should wear it "big" like that all the time!"

My regimen:
Washed with Nexxus Therappe
Applied Aphogee and sat under dryer
Rinsed and applied a mix of ORS Replenishing Pak, Nexxus Humectress, and EVOO and sat under dryer with plastic cap
Rinsed
Air dried with Humectress and QP Mango Butter
Set with Carusos this morning

I'll definitely be doing the Aphogee again!

br0wney3z

Katt73 said:
This stuff is great!:D I used the Treatment for Damaged Hair (the one that gets hard) for the first time yesterday. While it didn't completely eradicate my breakage (I guess it takes repeated use for that to happen), my hair is so incredibly thick looking today it's like the old pre-relaxer blow-out days! My SO was like, "Wow...your hair looks really pretty today! You should wear it "big" like that all the time!"

My regimen:
Washed with Nexxus Therappe
Applied Aphogee and sat under dryer
Rinsed and applied a mix of ORS Replenishing Pak, Nexxus Humectress, and EVOO and sat under dryer with plastic cap
Rinsed
Air dried with Humectress and QP Mango Butter
Set with Carusos this morning

I'll definitely be doing the Aphogee again!

I'm happy it worked for you. I love using that stuff too b/c it really does leave my hair in a better state. On another note I just wanted to say that I am drooling over your avatar. Those sandals are beyond gorgeous:grin:

Daisimae

Isn't it great! I did one a couple of weeks ago. Used almost everything you did, except I used Aphogee's balancing conditioner right after I rinsed and then used Humectress & Hot Six Oil. I didn't use heat, just kept the plastic cap on for an hour.

Sally's has an in-store coupon for $1 off the 4oz bottle this month. I'm planning to do it at least every eight weeks.

pmichael52172

Thanks for the review. I've been too intimidated to do this heavy duty protein now that I'm no longer with my stylist. After I finish my 2min Keratin treatment bottle, I'm going to do this every touch up.

Katt73

Thanks Browney!

I was really paranoid about using the treament, too, because of all the dire warnings about what might happen if you do it wrong or don't follow up with enough moisture. Now I wish I had tried it a long time ago. It really couldn't be any easier.

Lavendar

Katt73 said:
Thanks Browney!

I was really paranoid about using the treament, too, because of all the dire warnings about what might happen if you do it wrong or don't follow up with enough moisture. Now I wish I had tried it a long time ago. It really couldn't be any easier.

Good for you! For some reason, a lot of people just don't get it right the first time and are too scared to try again. One small suggestion to help with the breakage. I know it adds another step and more time, but after rinsing out your DC try conditioning with Porosity Control conditioner for about 15 minutes/no heat, rinse, and then proceed to your other steps. This extra step goes a long way in helping with breakage problems. HTH!;)

Katt73

Lavendar said:
Good for you! For some reason, a lot of people just don't get it right the first time and are too scared to try again. One small suggestion to help with the breakage. I know it adds another step and more time, but after rinsing out your DC try conditioning with Porosity Control conditioner for about 15 minutes/no heat, rinse, and then proceed to your other steps. This extra step goes a long way in helping with breakage problems. HTH!;)

Lavendar...you are going to make the PJ in me hike to the local BSS! Thanks for the tip.