Find Me a Curling Iron...please

wyldcurlz

i'm looking for a curling iron and i need some recommendations. it seems when i'm out i only see gold 'n hot or even cheaper ones like revlon or conair. i don't know how those would work on my hair. my main interest in a curling iron is to occasionally add some curl or big waves to my hair after its been flat ironed or pressed. i'm looking for both a large barrell and a sml/med barrell iron. (and maybe a 3-pronged crimper/wave maker iron.)

do the gold 'n hot curling irons work on our hair? what about revlon/conair?

please recommend some good brands! my hair is 3b/c and thick so i need something that'll get the job done well, one time. i don't want to have to re-curl the same section repeatedly. thanks!

HoneyDew

Wow, I am looking for one, too.

I don't want to spend too much money, though.

I was thinking of getting a Remington Protect and Shine curling iron to see how that works.

kitchen_tician

I love the "hot tools" brand irons. I like them because you can control the temperature and it tightly clamps down on the hair.

PatTodd

Sometimes curling irons don't get hot enough for "us", but I have had a few Gold N' Hot curling irons in my time and yes, they do work on our hair...sometimes a little too well! The ones I own have temperature control - I remember one time I set the iron as high as possible to heat it up quick, forgot to turn it down/let it cool a bit before using it, and applied it to my hair. Next I heard the beautiful tinkling sound of my burnt off hair hitting the floor :ohwell: .

My favorite is the Conair Steam and Shine - a curling iron with a button to emit steam like a clothes iron - but I think it's discontinued.

tijay

i have a few different Gold N Hot irons (curling and crimping) and they work for our hair...i try to stick to the ones with the adjustable temp control with the number dial.

Healthb4Length

Yeah, CHI are highly overrated. I have one and I'm not impressed, my Hot Tools worked WAY better! I'm in the market for something new, I think I'll be getting Sedu or SOLIA.

PinkAngel

Alli77 said:
Yeah, CHI are highly overrated. I have one and I'm not impressed, my Hot Tools worked WAY better! I'm in the market for something new, I think I'll be getting Sedu or SOLIA.

I think it's a matter of personal preference, some like FHI, CHI, Sedu, Golden Hot & what have you.

Healthb4Length

msshic said:
I think it's a matter of personal preference, some like FHI, CHI, Sedu, Golden Hot & what have you.

Your right...but for me the CHI was a big disappointment. I hope to find something that works well for our hair without damage.

wyldcurlz

chi and sedu...curling irons?!??! you guys ARE talking curling irons, right? not flat irons. (as for flat irons, i'm ALL ABOUT the sedu!!!!) but i need a curling iron...and eventually a 3-barreled curling iron to make beautiful waves. so it seems that gold 'n hot and hot tools are still what people mostly have?