finally got my kinky twist

hey ladies i finally got my kinky twist earlier this week and i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to how to care for my hair while its up like this. i plan to keep them up for at least 2.5 monts and is there any way to curb the shedding:ohwell: that will occur,that im not looking forward to when they come down. any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Attachments

• resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 181

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just follow the C&G method....get yaself a good moisture(braid spray), Infus.23, and a growth aid if you like. I got my micro like 6 weeks ago and I have 3/4 to 1 inch of growth. Oh and make sure that you get ya edges redone after like a month to avoid breakage and dont pull ya hair up tight.

BrownSkin2

They look great. I've had my kinky twists in for almost 7 weeks. I find that shampooing at least every two weeks or less curbs my shedding. I spray daily with a braid spray and oil my scalp after washing. I keep mine in 6-8 weeks, and get the edges redone after a month.

mahoganee

They look great. I've had my kinky twists in for almost 7 weeks. I find that shampooing at least every two weeks or less curbs my shedding. I spray daily with a braid spray and oil my scalp after washing. I keep mine in 6-8 weeks, and get the edges redone after a month.
Same here except since I do mine myself and because my hair grows fast, I redo the edges every two weeks. I noticed that I have less build up when I take them down. Another thing that I've found is that if I cowash/shampoo my hair a day or two before taking my twists or braids down, I have much less build up and they're easier to take down .