Finally found a product to keep my ends from knotting!

shtow

I have been having the worst trouble with my ends knotting! My hair is healthy and I have recently dusted. For some reason, my ends have been knotting. I have tried several things, and it keeps happening. Anyways, I was in Sallys today getting those new croc clips and a veeery sleek boar bristle brush for my edges, and I purchased Loreal Natures Therapy Mega Smooth Moisturizing Pomade. It's like grease, only much lighter. I applied very small amounts to my hair, like a smidget per 1/4 of my head and my hair is very smooth and moist. Whats best, is my ends are happy!

I also used it on my edges and it has helped to fight reversion and laid them down along with my skinny boar bristle brush (I have an over an inch of NG and I am considering transitioning). This little jar will probably last me over a year.

Don't pass out from the ingredients, ladies! :lachen:
Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Ozokerite, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Aluminum Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Hexyl Cinnamal, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Yucca Vera/ Yucca Vera Extract, Urtica Dioica/Nettle Extract, Equisetum Hiemale/ Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Rosmarinus Officinals/Rosemary Leaf Extract, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool.

showimage.php

You know what? While your product has too many parabens (ncluding one I never heard of before - Isobutylparaben!!) and other stuff I just don't want on my skin or in my hair, I think I can break down and put some good old vaseline on my ends. Single strand knots are the issue of the day...and maybe this will coat the ends enough to keep them from knotting...

*going to search for hubby's vaseline to read the ingredients...*

Thanks for posting, and good luck!!! Let us know how it goes. You made me remember what may be my only remedy right now...

cj

Looks Yummy!!!

I may try it , Ive had the worst time with tangled ends since my hair has gotten longer.

You know what? While your product has too many parabens (ncluding one I never heard of before - Isobutylparaben!!) and other stuff I just don't want on my skin or in my hair, I think I can break down and put some good old vaseline on my ends. Single strand knots are the issue of the day...and maybe this will coat the ends enough to keep them from knotting...

*going to search for hubby's vaseline to read the ingredients...*

Thanks for posting, and good luck!!! Let us know how it goes. You made me remember what may be my only remedy right now...

cj

I actually thought of doing that too, seeing as though (1) the product is mostly petroleum and (2) half of the forum was praising vaseline a few months back :lachen:.

Good for you SHTOW and thanks i may need this product someday.And the other GOOD thing is (i think) your not using it on your scalp much! Also, the last few ingredients in it are what i've recently noticed in some of my stash of things that do WONDERS for my hair!So BEST WISHES & Thanks for the product review.HHG!

this product worked wonders for me at first but with long term use my hair became progressively coated. I didnt use a lot with every application either.

Back