Fess Up! How Many Hairs Do You Lose Daily?

How many hairs do you shed each day while styling/moisturing?

• None

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Less than ten

Votes: 26 16.5%
  • Between ten and thirty

Votes: 62 39.2%
  • Too many to bother counting

Votes: 69 43.7%

• Total voters

EnExitStageLeft

MileHighDiva

You know, I look at your hair and I don't see low density. I just see flippin' gawjus! :lol:.

But I get what you're saying. I just say that for those whom obsess and do a 100 different things to reduce it. Many times they do all of this and it only worsens the situation. I know from experience :down:.

Rozlewis

I was the lone ranger who said none because I read the question wrong. I do not comb my hair with a comb but when I do moisturize and finger detangle it I lose between 10 - 30 hairs daily. This is just a guess because I don't bother to count the hairs.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
EnExitStageLeft thank you, mama! Do you think we could trade manes for a month? So, I can see what it's like to have beautiful high density swangilicious hair, :yep:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

lamaria211

IDK I have 3.5 kid's, 2 dogs and a DH. I wish I had the time to sit down and count hairs.lol
If I had to guess I'd say about 10-15

ronie

I lose anywhere from 60-120 hairs a day.

No I'm not sick.

Yes, I tea rinse.

Yes this happens everyday all day.

No, I'm not worried.

Yes, I usually have a gum ball size on wash day.

....and Yes, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Except your shedding for what it is. It'll make your life a hella' of lot easier :yep:.
Yeah that's me, but without the high density, and the fabulousness of your hair.
And off topic: those signature pictures are so beautiful. Love love love the second picture in red with the bun.

Amarilles

It's likely impossible to truly know because it's so easy to miss a ton of hair. Our fingers and wide-toothed combs don't remove all the shed.

I normally get a hamster sized ball after every wash, every 2 weeks or so nowadays. I shed quite a bit, even my eyebrows, I just now pulled at them slightly and 5 shed came out. :lol: I don't care much, shedding needs to happen. Breakage is normally what I keep track of.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Shedding at least 50..plus
I honestly don't count, because shedding is normal.

EnExitStageLeft

@ronie

Ummmm....About you not being high density. Are you sure about that? Your twistouts always look dense as a mug. Imma' need to have a meeting with you and MileHighDiva about the low density whatnots :yep: lol

Also, thank you for the sweet compliment:hug2:. I love that lipstick. Best 3 dollars I spent this year :yep:.

Last edited:

BonBon

Hmm,

I only detangle once every 3 weeks or so and I have about 3 small balls of hair by the end. No idea how many but I'd guess 70-100 per week.

ronie

@ronie

Ummmm....About you not being high density. Are you sure about that? Your twistouts always look dense as a mug. Imma' need to have a meeting with you and MileHighDiva about the low density whatnots :yep: lol

Also, thank you for the sweet compliment:hug2:. I love that lipstick. Best 3 dollars I spent this year :yep:.
EnExitStageLeft
The kinkiness of my hair makes it appear full. My 2 strand twists look pathetic. You can see my scalp from the moon. I wash my hair loose in the shower, and never fear my hair getting matted. I just don't have a lot of hair.
It never used to be that way though. I had super high dense hair before my pregnancy. But my hair never recovered from that massive post partum shedding that lasted over a year. That's what caused me to find LHCF to begin with. But i work with what i got, and just sip on the haterade when i see the high density ladies.

EnExitStageLeft

@EnExitStageLeft
The kinkiness of my hair makes it appear full. My 2 strand twists look pathetic. You can see my scalp from the moon. I wash my hair loose in the shower, and never fear my hair getting matted. I just don't have a lot of hair.
It never used to be that way though. I had super high dense hair before my pregnancy. But my hair never recovered from that massive post partum shedding that lasted over a year. That's what caused me to find LHCF to begin with. But i work with what i got, and just sip on the haterade when i see the high density ladies.

ronie

Well, either way its beautiful! I never knew post partum could last that long. The body is a crazy thing.

Lovestyr

Hmm I only detangle my hair on wash day, in which is once a week. So, I would estimate like 30 hairs maybe. I am not as gentle as I should be w/ my hair ...I am working on that.

bhndbrwneyes

I detangle just about every day on wet hair, 4-days a week at the very least if I reuse styles. I lose probably 30+ hairs each time but nothing ever in clumps. But none of the strands appear to be broken and I have no split ends. My hair is healthy it's just natural shedding so I don't make a big fuss over it.

And I know some of ya'll ladies are lying about 5 hairs per day when only detangling once a week.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I no longer wash my hair lose or comb (even wide tooth) when my hair is wet. I was losing way too much hair unnecessarily and it was breakage not shedding. I detangle maybe once a week and its minimal.