How many hairs do you lose a day?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I was washing once a week and baggying daily, I was losing about 50 hairs a day.

Now that I started co washing, I've been losing about 10 hairs a day in my comb.

50-100 hairs a day is considered normal, but if I lost 100 hairs in one day, I'd panic and hyperventillate (don't act like you wouldn't :lol: )

So anywho, how many hairs are you normally losing a day?

HoneyDew

I really don't know.

I shed during the day when I don't even realize it. Then I am pulling out shed hairs when I get home when I comb my hair.

I think it is more than we see or think, but 100 does seem kinda high.

sareca

I really don't know.

I shed during the day when I don't even realize it. Then I am pulling out shed hairs when I get home when I comb my hair.

I think it is more than we see or think, but 100 does seem kinda high.

ITA. Unless you live in a forensics lab, you're not going to see all of your shed hairs. But I certainly hope I'm losing that many a day. I'd hate to think I have the same old hairs on my head. I want shiny,healthy new ones. :)

aloof one

Lately its been like 15 or so... I straightened my hair on Sunday afternoon and instead of using oil or water moisturizers I have ONLY used coconut oil on my hair and scalp when my scalp was itchy or my hair looked dull. I guess I finally realized why I was losing so much hair before- I was coating my hair with product and making it break off because of it.

good for you though, I think once you find what works you start losing less hair.

aloof one

Well I would say 15 is how many I see

I think theyre right though, shedding can't really be controlled. I thought you meant like breakage. I know I shed more than the hairs I see in the comb, but thats the amount I get from when I detangle and stuff, some of it breaks off (but its only relaxed hair so I don't care)

Bosslady1

Well...:rolleyes:

Being I am transitioning, I get more broken hairs (roughly 10-15 broken hairs per day) than actual hair that sheds from the bulb. I am working on that though. I am ordering some garlic treatment soon.