Fear got the best of me.

Zeal

:nono::nono:

It's me. It's me. It's me oh Lord. Staning in the need of prayer.

Hello Ladies,

You have told me in my post that fear is not of God. I must confess. Fear and procrastination have been the driving force of my life. I am trying to turn over a new leaf.

I messed up on a great opportunity because of fear. Fear of being rejected. It was also because I did not want to leave home after my Mom had a stroke last Sept.

I look at my self and where I am and I think I shuld have done better. I look at opportunites other have gotten. When I really was trying I did not get the opportunity. Now that I have I messed up. Maybe i sould stop comparing my self to other people. they may look successful to me. But what are they feeling on the inside?

I should not tell myself no. I should let someone else tell me no. Who is to say that the answer will be no.

I just emailed the director of HR at a job that I messed up on asking for another opportunity. I never had the job. I did not do what I was supposed to do to get the job. :nono: (is there a crying face)? I really want this opportunity. It would be a govt job. Do I want this job for the right reason? Is it a desire of my heart? To make my self feel better. I asked the Lord if it is not his will don't allow it. Are our desires sometimes not the will of God. How do I know if it is a worthy desire?

I have so much warfare going on. My mind is a darn battlefield.

Pray for guidance. Pray for my mind. Pray that I will be delivered from fear.

Zeal

Know that we all go through times like this. Just keep your eyes on the Lord and know that he has a specific plan for your life. I tend to be an over achiever so when I think about "my" time table of what should be I have to quickly get back into the Word. Meditate on Jeremiah 29:11 that always puts me in a better frame of mind. Say it out loud anytime that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" spirit rises in your spirit. It will help tremendously, make sure you start the day off asking God for his guidance and for Him to show you
His hand everyday, you will see it in even the littlest things.

Another thing that came to mind when I read your post is "have you ran your plans past God"? Talk to him, tell him exactly how you feel, how you felt you messed up, why you aren't where you want to be etc. Don't be afraid he already knows what you are feeling anyway, he wants us to talk to him. I have no shame I am constantly burning his ear. Ask him what his will for your life is, sometimes we keep trying to do things that may not be his will for us, hence the constant frustration. If you truly believe that this is his will for you ask him to open up opportunites for you. It may not be this job, but he may open up something better for you, remember we can only see part of something, but God sees all.

I left my journal at home today but here are a few that always calm me down.( I have them printed up an in a folder on my desk for easy access)

Romans 8:37
Psalms 1, 3, 23, 27, 139

There are so many more..pm me if you want to talk

Be encouraged!!!

Everyone is afraid, but you can't let fear paralyze you and prevent you from inheriting what is yours.

Sometimes desires of the heart are your desires, and other times God places them there so that you will have a strong desire to do His will. I am still trying to distinguish myself so all I can say is pray for discernment in that regards.

It's never too late....there are so many sisters on this forum who will lift you in prayer and share encouraging words with you so hang in there!

Zeal

Know that we all go through times like this. Just keep your eyes on the Lord and know that he has a specific plan for your life. I tend to be an over achiever so when I think about "my" time table of what should be I have to quickly get back into the Word. Meditate on Jeremiah 29:11 that always puts me in a better frame of mind. Say it out loud anytime that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" spirit rises in your spirit. It will help tremendously, make sure you start the day off asking God for his guidance and for Him to show you
His hand everyday, you will see it in even the littlest things.

Another thing that came to mind when I read your post is "have you ran your plans past God"? Talk to him, tell him exactly how you feel, how you felt you messed up, why you aren't where you want to be etc. Don't be afraid he already knows what you are feeling anyway, he wants us to talk to him. I have no shame I am constantly burning his ear. Ask him what his will for your life is, sometimes we keep trying to do things that may not be his will for us, hence the constant frustration. If you truly believe that this is his will for you ask him to open up opportunites for you. It may not be this job, but he may open up something better for you, remember we can only see part of something, but God sees all.

I left my journal at home today but here are a few that always calm me down.( I have them printed up an in a folder on my desk for easy access)

Romans 8:37
Psalms 1, 3, 23, 27, 139

There are so many more..pm me if you want to talk

Be encouraged!!!

Yes, I have. My other has often told me, that maybe what I am doing is not what I am supposed to be doing . She said that she heard a a sermon once about it. I am just going to put it out there. I have never been open to anyone about how I really feel about this situation.

It "seems" like I am in a dead -end job with no chance of doing anything else or moving forward. i am loosing my skilss becuase I am stuck doing nothing. I am in the IT field. Maybe if I was doing something different in the field. It seems like I don't get the chance and I don't see any open doors. I have rally tried an fought with no success so I kind of gave up.

I need to get it together. The position i messed up on did I really want it? Or was it for status quote? When I really think about it. It is for Stauts Quote.

What is really burning in my heart is to start a naturopathic business based ob Biblical priciples. I want to help people with their health and well- being. That is REALLY burning in me.

I should not let fear and doubt over take me. It seems like over the past 2 weeks a spirit of helplessness is really attacking me.

Sometimes desires of the heart are your desires, and other times God places them there so that you will have a strong desire to do His will. I am still trying to distinguish myself so all I can say is pray for discernment in that regards.

It's never too late....there are so many sisters on this forum who will lift you in prayer and share encouraging words with you so hang in there!

I am usually the one smiling all the time on the outside. I still smile... I nkow that it will get better.

Last edited:
Back