"FEAR"

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
A long time ago, (when I was younger and not in the Word), I had believed the fear of God and fear were on in the same. But they are not.

The Bible mentions two types of fear: the fear of the Lord, or a reverential awe, which brings to the Believer so many benefits, like wisdom, peace and understanding. Fear IN the Lord leads to rest and contentment. It also brings encouragement when it's needed most.

Then, there's the "spirit OF fear." God helps us and encourages us throughout the Bible to deal with the type of fear: Fear not, for I am with you (Isaiah 41:10). God knows we're not perfect and as humans, we will get a sense of fear or uncertainty in situations that challenge us, whether it's facing a court date, fearing we'll lose someone in a relationship or even fear of committing our lives to him (feeling that we'll miss out ), fear of not being loved back or losing a job.

This morning I felt a small sense of fear and I had to remember his encouragement to remove this spirit from me. I am in awe of him everytime and I thank him for his Grace.

He laid this on my heart to share with anyone who is facing some type of "fear" today. Thank God for living IN fear of him to protect us from the spirit OF Fear.

Be encouraged to take refuge in God.

“In God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” (psalms 56)

Let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you” (Psalms 5)