Fantasia IC Polisher Straightening Serum

HairPhoenix

I was just at a salon a couple of nights ago while my mom was getting her locks primped and I saw an ad for Fantasia IC Polisher Straightening Serum. It was in Modern Salon magazine. The bottle has a red-ish tint to it. The ad said it straightens, shines, and protects during heat styling. I am interested in the straightening quality.

Has anyone seen this in a store anywhere? Has anyone tried it?

natstar

I bought it from walgreens, works great for when I need to blow dry my hair. Protects it and smells nice too.

HairPhoenix

natstar said:
I bought it from walgreens, works great for when I need to blow dry my hair. Protects it and smells nice too.

I see that you have natural hair. I am trying to find the best way to deal with my "two hairs" during transitioning. I don't necessarily want my new growth as straight as my relaxed ends, but I need to loosen the curl a bit. Does it do a good job of loosening up your curls as you blow dry? Also, does it flake up at all?

sweetcashew

I've been using this since it came out (About 2 years I think). I like it. usually apply it to my hair when it's wet. It leaves my hair very soft, shiney and the comb just glides through it.

SoAnxious12

I looooooooove it. i used it to blowdry and hotcomb. It's really great in damp/humid weather. I used it last on x-mas and it was raining and my hair held up like a true pro. It also felt soft and it had a really nice sheen to it too.

HairPhoenix

Thanks ladies. I am going to give it a try. I thought it was a new product since I don't recall seeing any Fantasia IC in a red-ish bottle anywhere. I probably did see it and just didn't take notice. I will have to keep my peepers peeled. :lol:

natstar

Yep it does a good job of loosing up my natural hair when I do blow dry- and alsoit doesn't flake. HTH

loonatick

Would that be Redken Heat Glide?
I have used this, but i think ive used too much product and not enough heat (Dec 05). I came out all puffy :confused: so Ill give it another try when i flat iron again soon, next month.

HoneyDew

I like this serum. I got some samples from the BSS and loved it.

I mix my own serum, but this Fantasia's is on my short list of favorites.

HoneyDew

loonatick said:
Would that be Redken Heat Glide?
I have used this, but i think ive used too much product and not enough heat (Dec 05). I came out all puffy :confused: so Ill give it another try when i flat iron again soon, next month.

You know, every bottle of serum I have tried always says to use a "dime sized" (silken seal) or "small" amount.

That just doesn't work for me. I use much more and it lasts for days. The less I use, the more I end up having to moisturize my hair.

(note: try it after a DC with Silicone Mix. Even better results, IMO)

Mizani_Mrs

I used to use it maybe a year back. It smells very yummy. It is an ok/good product. I stopped using it because I found better serums. I currently use the NTM serum, it's so much lighter and silkier than the Fantasia IC. And also, i think the straightening serum means that it has ingredients to protect your hair during your straightening. I dont think it has any ingredients to enhance your straightening. Also the kenra serum is very good. I want to try the Paul Mitchell as well since i've heard alot about it...I'm too cheap to try the Keracare Silken seal although i'm betting that it is the bomb...