Fantasia IC Gel

It~Can~Grow

Ladies - Quick question: Which Fantasia IG Gel w/Spark...do you purchase?

I see they have one in the blue jar for color treated, pink for hold and clear?

I'm gathering bun-ing products :yep:

Thanks, as always, for your help

glamazon386

I like the blue one the best. I've tried them all except the pink. The blue one is heavier to me than the clear or the green. They seemed kind of watery to me. Also the green has a funny smell to it because of the olive oil.

Last edited:

It~Can~Grow

...but they all are non drying, correct? wanted to make sure I was jumping on the right bandwagon for a smooth bun. :grin:

I like the blue one the best. I've tried them all except the pink. The blue one is heaving to me than the clear or the green. They seemed kind of watery to me. Also the green has a funny smell to it because of the olive oil.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I use the clear one. BUT once I finish this one, I'm getting the blue one for color treated hair. Just because they say stuff for color treated hair is more moisturizing... I don't have any color in my hair:spinning: and no, none of them have alcohol.

lsw29

I have only used the clear one and get good results but I have read so many rave reviews about the blue one that I am going to try it out once I run out of the clear one.

glamazon386

...but they all are non drying, correct? wanted to make sure I was jumping on the right bandwagon for a smooth bun. :grin:

Do you mean non drying as in it doesnt get hard? It will get hard if you use too much. I wouldn't try and take my bun down and wear my hair out after using it. You can't do that. Or did you mean that it won't dry your hair out? Because it won't. There's no alcohol in it.

I have color in my hair now but I used the blue even before I did. It's my favorite one.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Do you mean non drying as in it doesnt get hard? It will get hard if you use too much. I wouldn't try and take my bun down and wear my hair out after using it. You can't do that. Or did you mean that it won't dry your hair out? Because it won't. There's no alcohol in it.

I have color in my hair now but I used the blue even before I did. It's my favorite one.

I don't have enough hair for a bun, but wanted to chime in and say that I agree with the above if you use too much of it, it will make your hair hard. I first used it and used too much LOL winded up having to wet my hair some to get it to soften up a bit. And I use the blue one, even though my hair isn't color-treated. I just love it!!!

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I continue to repurchase the blue because it's the best of the bunch for hold and moisture.

The white comes in second. The only problem I notice is that sometimes if the product isn't used quickly (within 2 weeks of being opened) it leaves what I can only describe as clear jelly ball clumps throughout my hair.

The pink provides hold but no moisture, i.e., when it dries my hair feels like all the moisture has been sucked out.

The green one is very watery and provided zero hold.

The brown one has excellent hold but my hair feels crispy.

glamazon386

I don't have enough hair for a bun, but wanted to chime in and say that I agree with the above if you use too much of it, it will make your hair hard. I first used it and used too much LOL winded up having to wet my hair some to get it to soften up a bit. And I use the blue one, even though my hair isn't color-treated. I just love it!!!

Yeah I usually just rewet my hair after a few days. If it feels too nasty I'll just wash it all out and start over.

It~Can~Grow

Thanks, Ladies - I'm glad I bothered to ask, BECAUSE I actually thought I could pile it on like GHEE (yes, I read and reread posts) and my hair would feel just as smooth.

So, note to self, it is GEL and use lightly for best results :yep:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I cosign the fact that the blue Fantasia gel is better. I've only tried the clear and the blue gels, and I definitely prefer the blue. It's gives me great shine and hold without crunching my hair up too much (that is if I don't pile it on). I co-wash every other day, so build-up hasn't been a problem for me.

Kurlee

blue, then clear, then brown. Love it!!!! Definite staple! The green has no hold. My hair laughs at it:look:

It~Can~Grow

That's hilarious that you mentioned her...I actually decided to buy the gel, coconut and shea butter to use on my new growth and bun based on her shining bun results.:yep:

I tried looking at her starting pics to determine if my hair was the same texture...couldn't tell.

I was just looking at this gel the other day when I was at the BSS. I recalled seeing it in Babygurl's Fotki. I was thinking maybe I could get waves like hers if I used this.

http://public.fotki.com/BabygurlNC/hair_challenge_year_3/new_growth/

Anyway, I didn't buy it since I'm just going to wear braids this whole year. BTW she uses the clear.

http://public.fotki.com/babygurlnc/products/hair_products/products21.html

missty1029

I bought the clear and I love it to!! After a few days it does build up but at first its light but effective!!! Im gonna have to true blue though.

nappity

Have used the clear one all my natural days. No problem with hold or moisture.
Now the PJ in me wants to go buy the blue one.:grin:

AsTheCurlzTurns

Its only 3.99 PICK IT UP!!!^^^

LOL Kurlee, you tryna get nappity4b started LOL:lachen:
I would say the same thing to her, but she already admitted to being a PJ lol, but nappity4b, what's just 1 more teeny tiny item? Go 'head on gurlie and do da darn thang! Ya know ya wanna! LOL:lachen:

Kurlee

LOL Kurlee, you tryna get nappity4b started LOL:lachen:
I would say the same thing to her, but she already admitted to being a PJ lol, but nappity4b, what's just 1 more teeny tiny item? Go 'head on gurlie and do da darn thang! Ya know ya wanna! LOL:lachen:
Im in pj rehab, so im a live vicariously through ya'll:lachen:

Chromia

I used Fantasia IC Gel for the first time this weekend. I used the clear one for a twistout.

The clear one is the only one I've seen - I've checked at 2 Sally's and one Target. I like it, but when I run out of it I'll check a local BSS for the blue one in case I like that one better.

Ms Lala

I prefer the blue to the clear. The clear flaked up on me. I can use the blue daily for up to a week w/o problems.

malibu4590

I like the pink one but haven't tried the others. I use it on damp hair for bunning and it lasts all week (from one wash day to the next), just touch up the edges.

TinyT

Wow, I am in the minority. I love the the Green Fantasia gel. I have tried the clear, but it had too much hold for me. I then added olive oil and conditioner to it. Only then did it give me the soft hold I was looking for when I do two strand twists or a slicked back bun.

But when I saw the green in the store, I thought I would give it a try. I love, love, love it. It gives me the soft waves and shine I like when I bun my hair. I don't even use a brush (which is saying a lot with the mass of coils I have to make submit to a tame bun). After a conditioner wash, I put a creamy leave-in in my wet hair and then, I scoop some of the Green, gel and smooth back my hair with my hands. My hair just lays down, like a baby's. It will last all week to the next wash day.

I have never tried the blue, but since I found the green, I think I will stick with it. No need to repurchase the the clear and mix it up with oils and such, since the Green is ready to use the way I like it.