Fantasia gel with Sparkle Lites

yellagirl730

Has anyone used this product to twist hair? I've been using Ors Twist and Lock gel and I am noticing flakes.

jtsupanova

I used to use this to twist my hair when I was natural. For a little extra moisture I would add castor or evoo to the gel (a little bit of gel mixed in with the oil in the lid not the whole jar).
Hth

yellagirl730

jtsupanova said:
I used to use this to twist my hair when I was natural. For a little extra moisture I would add castor or evoo to the gel (a little bit of gel mixed in with the oil in the lid not the whole jar).
Hth

I just finished twisting my hair, I mixed it with carrot oil. I hope it doesn't flake, but we will see.

Evolving78

I used dark and lovely twist gel but it does have mineral oil in it, but It left my hair soft and it isn't dry. I won't use the Fantasia gel because I think it will just leave your hair not soft and if you keep these twists in for more than a day than I think with add other products throughout the week would cause buildup. Some ladies that twist their hair use natural butters. Maybe you should try that.

yellagirl730

I used dark and lovely twist gel but it does have mineral oil in it, but It left my hair soft and it isn't dry. I won't use the Fantasia gel because I think it will just leave your hair not soft and if you keep these twists in for more than a day than I think with add other products throughout the week would cause buildup. Some ladies that twist their hair use natural butters. Maybe you should try that.

You know I wondered if I should try using some butters, but have not a clue as to where to purchase them. I used the gel and my hair is not hard, don't know if that is because I used with carrot oil or if it it just doesn't make your hair hard.

scarcity21

You know I wondered if I should try using some butters, but have not a clue as to where to purchase them. I used the gel and my hair is not hard, don't know if that is because I used with carrot oil or if it it just doesn't make your hair hard.

i have used it by itself..it made my hair hard...but mixing with coconut oil yielded better results....im 4B

ETA: i think i used a different gel...shine activator i think its called...my bad:)