3b/c's...what's your favorite curl defining product?

atl_mulattamami

What's your absolute favorite product for defining your curls? Mine is Fantasia IC Styling Gel w/ Sparkle Lites. For me this gel gives me PERFECT definition, shine, and a soft/flexible hold.

Cichelle

I wish I had something to contribute here. If I leave in my regular conditioner or use a leave-in, that seems to define curls. I don't use gel or anything, maybe because I haven't found one without ingredients that are on my no-no list. I've heard good things about Sparkle Lites. But if I remember correctly, it has protein in it, doesn't it? It seems like everything has protein in it! Can you list the ingredients?

atl_mulattamami

Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel w/ Sparkle Lites (ingredients):

Purifed Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Aloe Vera Gel, Dimethicone Copolyol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate-20, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum).

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Black and sassy foamy set setting lotion ,fantasia IC gel, aloe vera curl activator gel-long aid.....kms curl up balm

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
saddity1 said:
Black and sassy foamy set setting lotion ,fantasia IC gel, aloe vera curl activator gel-long aid.....kms curl up balm

Can u please tell me how you use this product? I got it as a gift, but I don't know how to use it. Use on wet or dry hair? I read somewhere in Black sophisticates about it, but it left out a lot of details on its use. :ohwell:

Kitkat

Hmmmm . . . wonder if that product works well on 4a hair? I have heard about it and I'm looking for something to define my curls so that I can do a wash and go style.

SNyeema

Kitkat said:
Hmmmm . . . wonder if that product works well on 4a hair? I have heard about it and I'm looking for something to define my curls so that I can do a wash and go style.

Fantasia IC works on 4a hair.

Cichelle

cookie507 said:
Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Styling Gel w/ Sparkle Lites (ingredients):

Purifed Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Aloe Vera Gel, Dimethicone Copolyol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate-20, Benzophenone-4, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum).

Thank you, cookie.

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
Natrlchallenge said:
Can u please tell me how you use this product? I got it as a gift, but I don't know how to use it. Use on wet or dry hair? I read somewhere in Black sophisticates about it, but it left out a lot of details on its use. :ohwell:

I'm not sure which product I listed you are asking about, but for best results I generally use all the products listed on wet hair, after it's been washed and towel dried. I am able to get more curl definition on wet hair and control how I want my curls to look dry.

Queenie

Kitkat said:

Also try Citre Shine Making Waves Curl Booster with L'oreal Out of Bed Whipped Gel or any good holding gel.

Cheleigh

Kitkat said:

I'm still transitioning, but it really defined my (what I believe to be) little 4a curls around my hairline (it made them a little crunchy and they never mo).

Sorry for intruding 3b/c gals.

Chaya

Curly Girl-
You like paul mitchell foamming pommade too?!?! It really is great stuff. It has a nice soft hold.

Dolapo said:
curly girl, how do you use your PM foaming pomade?

after i put in my leave-in conditioner, i scrunch a few half dollar size of pomade in my hair, and then i scrunch gel in after.

Chaya- i've used it since i was 10, i'm 20 now...i love how it doesn't seem to build-up, and the light hold.

Dolapo

curlygirl493 said:
after i put in my leave-in conditioner, i scrunch a few half dollar size of pomade in my hair, and then i scrunch gel in after.

Chaya- i've used it since i was 10, i'm 20 now...i love how it doesn't seem to build-up, and the light hold.
thanks! i have it but i didnt know how to use it.

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
i use shea butter for moisture and mousse for hold. i've used the ic sparkelites but my hair stays wet forever. i will use it, however, around my hairline.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
saddity1 said:
I'm not sure which product I listed you are asking about, but for best results I generally use all the products listed on wet hair, after it's been washed and towel dried. I am able to get more curl definition on wet hair and control how I want my curls to look dry.

Sorry, was talking about the black and sassy....Such a newby... :lol: