Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Brought cantu shea butter define and shine custard and cantu shea butter moisturizing curl activator cream today. I plan to do my wash n go with these tomorrow. Has anyone tried any of the cantu products?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Brought cantu shea butter define and shine custard and cantu shea butter moisturizing curl activator cream today. I plan to do my wash n go with these tomorrow. Has anyone tried any of the cantu products?
I bought some of the twist and loc gel and have set my twists tonight for a Twistout tomorrow. I love the way the Cantu products smell and feel (non greasy). We'll see how they work tomorrow...

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I bought some of the twist and loc gel and have set my twists tonight for a Twistout tomorrow. I love the way the Cantu products smell and feel (non greasy). We'll see how they work tomorrow...
I like the way they smell. I hope I like them.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I used the cantu products today and I liked them.
By the way I got them at CVS for buy one get the second one 50% off and I had $2.50 off with from my CVS extra care bucks.

Here are some pictures:

Attachments

• image-3633544742.jpg
    image-3633544742.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1454205085.jpg
    image-1454205085.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3929189266.jpg
    image-3929189266.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 82

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Also got a kick out of the checkout lady at CVS. She says to me "I love your natural hair". It made me smile. I told her thank you I love it too. I seem to get a lot more compliments on my natural hair than I ever did on my permed hair.

krissyhair

Today is day 5 of the same wash-and-go I began on Monday.

It was surprisingly easy to make it last this long once I put my mind to it. However, I believe that as your hair grows longer, it's easier to make a style last longer.

Perhaps I'm just becoming more familiar with it.

mssoconfused

I was told that you can't get heat damage from a diffuser. Have you all seen that be the case in using a diffuser on your hair?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I was told that you can't get heat damage from a diffuser. Have you all seen that be the case in using a diffuser on your hair?
I haven't got any damage from it, but I only ever diffused on cool. I really don't diffuse at the moment though I strictly air dry. Once it gets cold I may start diffusing again. I live in the south and it won't be really cold until like December or January.

Joigirl

I diffuse on cool air most of the time. I've used warm on a few occasions and have not had any problems. I don't use high heat because of potential damage and creation of frizz.

krissyhair

[USER=328087]mssoconfused[/USER];20673361 said:

Using the diffuser I notice I lose the precious moisture quicker. But it's good if I need a quick dry.

beauti

washed my hair yesterday, used a tea spritz as leave in, sealed with Shea Butter blend I made. Went to bed with a wet head. My hair was sooo soft this morning. Applied my gels on damp hair and....it was a DISASTER!! :nono: white stuff all over the place!! Ugh!! I sat under dryer hoping the heat would melt that mess and it did like 80%... I'm just gonna wear it in updo. Will clarify tomorrow or Sunday night. :ohwell:

Attachments

• 2014-10-17 15.28.47.jpg
    2014-10-17 15.28.47.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 2014-10-17 22.33.00.jpg
    2014-10-17 22.33.00.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 120

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
thanks I hope so too! Cause that mess is not cute. I think the shea butter is best for midweek application when I need moisture.
one night this week after I washed my hair I put some shea butter on a small section in the back of my hair and styled it like normal in the morning. I did not get any flakes but I thought my hair in that area had strange cloudy look to it. So I don't plan to use straight shea butter on my hair. A lot of the products I use have shea butter in them. I have using cantu shea products for the last two days and really like my results.

Joigirl

I used Donna Marie Curl Creme on Wednesday. This Creme works great on my hair. It is soft and moisturized. My curls are extremely tight even after putting my hair in a pineapple each night. Love this styler even with the shrinkage!

Attachments

• image-317499628.jpg
    image-317499628.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 130
  • image-3163751665.jpg
    image-3163751665.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image-724440015.jpg
    image-724440015.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 135

krissyhair

I used Donna Marie Curl Creme on Wednesday. This Creme works great on my hair. It is soft and moisturized. My curls are extremely tight even after putting my hair in a pineapple each night. Love this styler even with the shrinkage!

Those are some serious deep wave curls!

MissMusic

Today's wash and go, I tried a different method. My hair come out softer and much more shrunken.

Attachments

• image-3252005340.jpg
    image-3252005340.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 140

MissMusic

Looks pretty. Do you like it? What did you do differently?

I like the definition, but I don't like how shrunken it is. I put a significant amount of leave-in in my hair, gave my hair a once over under the shower spray and then quickly applied gel in globs, and I did my hair in 4 large sections instead of 10.

oneastrocurlie

I don't really post pictures of my hair because it literally look just as it does in my profile pic. Ever. Single. Wash day. lol.

I had to take a blow dryer, san diffuser, to my wash and go Saturday since it wasn't dry enough and it was mid 50s here this weekend. I've been looking for ways to apply gel to my extremely coily hair without it turning into a frizz ball or destroying the coils. I'm afraid of "raking" lol.

beauti

clarifield and deep conditioned last night. Also used bigen oriental black. Getting cold out so gonna be wearing wash and go puffs

Attachments

• 2014-10-19 21.38.26.jpg
    2014-10-19 21.38.26.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 108

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I twisted my hair up yesterday in two strand twist with the intention of doing a Twistout this morning. It was an utter failure. I should just stick to what's working for me. Ended up doing a wash n go, and it turned out good. I did like the way my twists looked they were pretty plump. I can't wait for them to get longer and fuller. Here is my wash n go today:

Attachments

• image-2264326947.jpg
    image-2264326947.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1876940870.jpg
    image-1876940870.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image-529979810.jpg
    image-529979810.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 70

ckisland

Is anyone hear doing MHM? I did the whole regimen yesterday, and I'm still trying to decide if it'll be worth the time and effort or not. I've never had an issue with dryness, ssks, or tangles, so really the only benefits would be better curl definition and less shrinkage.

Even if I don't continue with this method, I'm keeping the warm, diluted DC idea. That was the best part!!! My hair actually got less defined when I added the clay and rinsed :/ . Back in the day, I had a routine where I would shampoo and condition every 2-3 days, and I had so much curl definition. I found out shampoo gave me better results than cowashing, but I stopped because I got paranoid that it was secretly ruining my hair. Everyone says that shampoo is evil, so I backed off it.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
ckisland I'm not doing MHM. I like the results I'm seeing in the MHM thread, but I just cannot get with having to spend that much time on my my hair everyday. There some things I want to try from the regimen(clay wash and ACV). If shampoo works for you should use it. I just know that when I was permed and transitioning shampoos caused tangles and dryness. Since switching to strictly co washing I've not had any issues with tangling or dryness.

Last edited:

Karmi

I tried MHM and it did nothing for me, I guess because I don't have an issue with dryness and my kurls/koils have great definition. So I had no business doing it anyway.

I'm low po so I already incorporated cherry Lola treatments in my reggie. The clay mask made my curls so tight i was worried about snapping my hair to get the gel in.

I think I'll revisit the clay mask when my hair is fully out of the twa stage.

Anyone else try it? I stayed quiet thinking I was the only one that hated it.