Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I didn't have to be anywhere today, so I decided to experiment with my hair a bit. Twists on top half, wash and go curls on bottom half. I will try this again tomorrow, but neater and with maybe smaller twists.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
We should trade because I love your beautiful wavy hair. Mine just bunches up like a slinky. I have no hang time at all.

psshhh, a slinky is a wonderful thing, I should know I used to have several :lol: your curls are so round and plump all the way to the root, my hair is only curly like that at the ends

Napp

Ms. Nobody
This week's WNG. My curls on top got smashed and are a little limp. Got to deal with it until Sunday. I wish I had uniform curls. As my hair grows out, the different patterns are more noticeable.

Joigirl how do you preserve your curls? I'm finding it difficult to find a reliable solution to this problem. I don't want to use gel but it seems like I'm going to have to.:ohwell:

Joigirl

psshhh, a slinky is a wonderful thing, I should know I used to have several :lol: your curls are so round and plump all the way to the root, my hair is only curly like that at the ends

Sometimes it acts right. My crown is the most temperamental area that refuses to curl properly all the time.

Joigirl

Joigirl how do you preserve your curls? I'm finding it difficult to find a reliable solution to this problem. I don't want to use gel but it seems like I'm going to have to.:ohwell:

I use gel most of the time because it lasts about a week. I style on soaking wet hair and use a leave in, butter and then the gel. This helps my hair retain moisture. I then shingle my hair in sections to prevent tangling and frizz.

Curl creams last about 3-4 days on my hair, especially for work days. I pineapple at night and do not refresh until washday. I will refresh individual curls that look really frizzy when needed with a little water and gel (wrap it around my finger).

I have yet to find a refresher spray that does not dry out my hair.

Last edited:

bronzephoenix

This week's WNG. My curls on top got smashed and are a little limp. Got to deal with it until Sunday. I wish I had uniform curls. As my hair grows out, the different patterns are more noticeable.

I didn't have to be anywhere today, so I decided to experiment with my hair a bit. Twists on top half, wash and go curls on bottom half. I will try this again tomorrow, but neater and with maybe smaller twists.

OVERLY GORGEOUS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Heeeey hair crush! On point as usual! Shhh I think I'm hair stalking joi but don't tell her lol.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
So I went to Walmart and ended up buying some new products. I got design essentials natural almond & avocado detangling leave-in conditioner and design essentials natural honey curlforming custard with honey and chamomile. I plan to use for my wash n go tomorrow. I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow. I know my mom uses some of their products but she doesn't wear her hair curly. Has anyone used any of design essentials products?
yes, I have fallen in love with the DE Natural Mousse. Soft hold, dries quickly, slippery without being snotty, nice shine and no flakes. I use it with a little bit of Wen styling gel for my twistouts. I haven't tried it for a WNG but that's next. I have the honey custard but I think my hair just doesn't like gels or gel-like stylers. Love to know about the leave-in. Let us know.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I really, really want some hang time. I need that super K Gro so I can get that Knee-length hair by tomorrow.

MissMusic

Purchased KBB Sweet Ambrosia and Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk from Target. I will post a pic of my wash n go with one of those leave-in's tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Karmi

I was worried about doing W&G's during the colder months but so far it's working for me.

I found a technique that works for me:

On wash day I do my cleansing conditioner, deep conditioner and the apply a nice buttery leave in and twist my hair. I let it air dry, the next day when it's all completely dry I unravel the twists and spritz my hair lightly with water, apply a little oil and my gel.
My hair dries by the time I go to bed. In the morning I spritz it lightly with water and shake out the curls.
By the time I leave the house my hair is almost dry. I can definitely go through the winter with this method!

I'm glad I figured this out because my hair looks horrible in twist and my roller set attempt was an utter fail. Pic of my day 5 hair below.

image-675438686.jpg

oneastrocurlie

I'd like to join :)

I have a tapered cut. And do wash and go's 99.9% of the time. My hair is super coily and dense.

My weekly regimen is:
Detangle
Shampoo and DC
Apply leave ins
2-3 flat twists in the front
Diffuse for a few minutes
Oil scalp
Take down the flat twist the next day
I sometimes cowash mid-week

I alternate products. I'm a PJ. But every week I use SM Purification Masque to detangle. Other frequently used products are SM Manuka Honey masque, aphogee 2 min, and APB Ayurvedic cream and oil and oyin hair dew.

Daily I refresh with a spray leave in, use a little moisturizer, and depending on how my hair feels, I might use an oil.

My profile pic is my starting pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I was worried about doing W&G's during the colder months but so far it's working for me.

I found a technique that works for me:

On wash day I do my cleansing conditioner, deep conditioner and the apply a nice buttery leave in and twist my hair. I let it air dry, the next day when it's all completely dry I unravel the twists and spritz my hair lightly with water, apply a little oil and my gel.
My hair dries by the time I go to bed. In the morning I spritz it lightly with water and shake out the curls.
By the time I leave the house my hair is almost dry. I can definitely go through the winter with this method!

I'm glad I figured this out because my hair looks horrible in twist and my roller set attempt was an utter fail. Pic of my day 5 hair below.

Very pretty!! Glad you found something that works!

I'd like to join :)

I have a tapered cut. And do wash and go's 99.9% of the time. My hair is super coily and dense.

My weekly regimen is:
Detangle
Shampoo and DC
Apply leave ins
2-3 flat twists in the front
Diffuse for a few minutes
Oil scalp
Take down the flat twist the next day
I sometimes cowash mid-week

I alternate products. I'm a PJ. But every week I use SM Purification Masque to detangle. Other frequently used products are SM Manuka Honey masque, aphogee 2 min, and APB Ayurvedic cream and oil and oyin hair dew.

Daily I refresh with a spray leave in, use a little moisturizer, and depending on how my hair feels, I might use an oil.

My profile pic is my starting pic.

Yay! I'm glad you joined the challenge. Very pretty hair!

MissMusic

Mid-week wash n go with KBB Sweet Ambrosia and Xtreme Wetline Gel with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade on top. DC'd on dry hair with KBN Shealoe DC and cleansed/conditioned with Curl Junkie Daily Fix then I styled.

Attachments

• image-3341886097.jpg
    image-3341886097.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 169
  • image-360006378.jpg
    image-360006378.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 157
  • image-3273319397.jpg
    image-3273319397.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Mid-week wash n go with KBB Sweet Ambrosia and Xtreme Wetline Gel with Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade on top. DC'd on dry hair with KBN Shealoe DC and cleansed/conditioned with Curl Junkie Daily Fix then I styled.
I really, really want those curls, beautiful.

Mz.MoMo5235

Now yall know I'm butt hurt this is on page 6 and I'm only in here cause I stumbled upon the thread.

Any who, I'm in. I havent read any thing yet because I needed to throw my mini tantrum first

ETA: What the twizzler!!! I see I actually was tagged! LHCF WHY YOU KNOW SHOW ME MY MENTIONS?!? I THREW TANTRUM AND GOT BUTT HURT FOR NO REASON!!! :lachen:

Still in. Will post pix tomorrow since I'm already behind and my hair is a hot mess

Last edited:

bronzephoenix

yes, I have fallen in love with the DE Natural Mousse. Soft hold, dries quickly, slippery without being snotty, nice shine and no flakes. I use it with a little bit of Wen styling gel for my twistouts. I haven't tried it for a WNG but that's next. I have the honey custard but I think my hair just doesn't like gels or gel-like stylers. Love to know about the leave-in. Let us know.

I don't think I've everrrr used a mousse... Was it drying at all? Can't wait to hear how you like it for a wng!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Woke up super late this morning. So did not have a lot of time for my hair this morning. When I came home from gym last night I co washed with Aussie moist. Conditioned with SM raw shea conditioner and SM curl and style milk. I let it air dry until I was ready to lay down then just thru my bonnet on. So when I got up this morning I let my hair get wet while I showered got out and just put the SM curl and style milk in my hair. Here are my results:

Attachments

• image-3890262280.jpg
    image-3890262280.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2338491049.jpg
    image-2338491049.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1910780610.jpg
    image-1910780610.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 101

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I don't think I've everrrr used a mousse... Was it drying at all? Can't wait to hear how you like it for a wng! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Love, love, love the mousse! Not drying at all but it dries fast. Some definition but I was back to my fro. Very soft, I'll definitely use this for my WNGS from now on. I have a bunch of curling gels because I'm a PJ but I will use them up. This is my styler.

krissyhair

I cowashed on Wednesday night, and wore the wash-and-go Thursday and Friday. I'll wear it one more day, tomorrow, before washing it again on Sunday and trying it over again.

I didn't do anything special to my hair at night besides put it in a loose ponytail and half sleeping on a satin pillowcase, half sleeping with the spare blanket tangled and wrapped around my head.

beauti

I've been sick so the last wash and go I did was rushed and not so defined. I will redo it this evening.

Do you guys do the loc method on your wash and go?