Extensions Plus vs Halley's Curls vs Wagmans

soulie

anybody know how Wags NC compares to EP zig zag wavy? I want a definite loose wave/curl pattern. EP is on sale but i have no experience with Wags

The Wagmans NC was fine until I tried the EP, then I discovered what "effortless" meant. The EP only needed misting and it was ready; I remember that I had to do some more stuff to the Wagmans, but don't ask me what products -- it's been a while.

mzsophisticated26

anybody know how Wags NC compares to EP zig zag wavy? I want a definite loose wave/curl pattern. EP is on sale but i have no experience with Wags

I know the Wags NC was alot of maintainence to me but the curls are beautiful I sold the hair. I know each batch can vary because its not processed hair. Here are some pics of mine, also There is a thread on BHM that says "post your NC pics" with alot of pics

Last edited:

RubyWoo

I am really tempted to try to the relaxed...waiting for it to go on sale. I am natural but I thought it would look more natural regardless of whether i had a leave out or not. Glad to know the maintenance is not to difficult. Is it damaged by curling it often if i choose to?

I only ordered my hair when it was on sale. I made two orders at different times in the year so I'm confident that EPRT or EPSRT will be on sale soon.

I usually air dried the hair and occasionally blow dried. I can count on my hand the number of times I flat ironed. I'm not too fond of how it looks flat ironed because it gets a little too straight for my liking. I always used a leave-in, heat protectant and did a biweekly protein treatment on the hair with Joico Kpak Reconstructor (as recommended by EP) and there is no damage.

Last edited:

virgo_chinwe

Thanks OP for the post!! This thread was extremely helpful. Can anyone tell me if Velvet Outre Remy Hair is comparable to wagmans or EP??? The EP prices...are like WOAH! Where are the wagman prices??

dany06

I've never actually owned a full weft of Wagman or Extensions-Plus hair. Both companies do offer samples though. I have purchased hair from Halley's Curls a few times though.

With Wagman they ship their samples out free (except the virgin textures) and you can call and order. You can specify exactly what you want and they will try to match it. The perfect tress line has no beards, does not shed and come in a variety of processed textures. The virgin line has been know to shed some without sealing and does shed a bit. They often have very curly hair in stock. You can also easily purchase bulk hair and can get an up-to-date price list of all of their products.

With EP they also ship out samples. Their samples cost I believe $3 and you have a limit of 3 at a time. If you have to order anything that can't be purchased online or want to request something in particular then you have to fax them your credit card info. You can not make a call in order with out your faxed in info. This is somewhat limiting. Who has time to fax or even has a fax machine. They dont accept scans either. Also, their samples do shed and the hair is quite expensive. The virgin hair samples of both straight and curly weren't impressive to me. The curls was barely a wave and the hair had lots of shine versus a soft sheen. Now their relaxed texture is superb. It does resemble relaxed hair and will act just like it unlike most yaki textures. I would consider this hair more kinky straight than yaki. It can be straightened to look like yaki texture if needed. Since I only installed the sample and not a whole head of the stuff Im not sure how it really acts as a whole.

Halley's curl is a hit and miss. The only hair that I was satisfied with was their virgin indian line which they discontinued. This hair had a nice sheen and had micro handtied wefts. The hair also didn't shed either. I only tried one of their earlier processed textures and it was beautiful before it turned into a big bird's nest. Many others have complained about their current products and costumer service. I never had problems with customer service but I also haven't purchased from them recently. The hair that seems to have the most praise is the salon relaxed texture. I cant say too much about it because I no experience with it. If there are problems with the hair, currently it has been the hair feeling dried out, loosing its sheen or not holding a curl. Also, I dont think Halley's has costumer service by phone. That might have changed though.

rere32

I tried EPRT and I love it. No shedding no balding etc. It is pricey but worth it.
I have HC gentle wave curl in now with the silky relaxed closure. With the HCGW the hair does shed alot(I can't tell if it is from the closure or the GW). I did seal the closure with what they recommended and yes, it is balding however, I didn't seal the wefts on the HCGW. I do like the feel of the hair but I can do without the balding and shedding. With EP I experienced no shedding or real tangles.

This time around I will be trying the EPSRT and I hope it doesn't tangle. I also have the small EPRT closure and to me it wasn't bulky at all. I guess if you buy the large one it might be bulky.

Last edited:

panamoni

Anyone heard when the next sale will be on EP hair? I'm going to LA in June and was thinking of buying some there.