Everyone please reply... brand of MSM

smylie82

Hi everyone,
I know that many of you are taking MSM vitamins. I went to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought some MSM, however it did not pass the float test
so i am going to return it. I would really like to know what brand of MSM is good. I have read a couple of threads and some say that the powder version is the best. I am going back to the Vitamin Shoppe today and would like to get some MSM but I want one that does not have fillers.

smylie82

thanks tara i am new to the board. I posted this b/c i have already read those threads and I am not a member of Sam's warehouse(this seems to be the best MSM from what I am have read. I was hoping that maybe some of the people on here who have had good results with brands other than Sam's Warehouse, could post thier results along with what brand they are using.

AZJeepgurl

Hi, Smylie

(love that username. I'm a collector of smiley faces)

Anyhoo, I use Member's Mark from Sam's club. That's some good stuff, girl!

See my post entitled MSM/Biotin raves!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Hi, and welcome on in. I would like to add a little known fact about MSM and the float test. After reading here why so many people are using MSM in their regime, I decided to try it and see what happens. I bought a drug store brand(CVS)MSM supplement yesterday. It has 1200mg. Today I too, did the float test, and it passed. It sank to the bottom of my glass of water. It has to be in the ballpark of 1200mg or more to "pass" when it sinks to the bottom of the glass. If it is less than 1200mg, and the supplement floats on top, it "fails" the test. Bottom line is this: Make sure when you buy MSM from the store or online, it has to be 1200mg or more. And when taking them, start out with 1200mg, so you won't have unnecessary headaches in the long run. Hope this helps. </font>

smylie82

thanks babycurls..
I have Vitaminshoppe brand and sunk straight to the bottom. It also contains 1000mg of MSM.. is this good that it went straight to the bottom and never melted???

ngaa

awww dont worry bout it, tara's really the one who deserves the thnks for groupin the msm topics together

beana3

i take source naturals 1000mg tabs 1x daily. I like them and i think they do they're job well. no complaints here

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">As long as it sinks to the bottom without breaking up in water, it passes the test (1000mg or more). </font>

Tara

[ QUOTE ]
awww dont worry bout it, tara's really the one who deserves the thnks for groupin the msm topics together

[/ QUOTE ]

Ngaa I just now saw this, You are so nice!! How is the hair doing?

adrienne0914

i have 1000mg Vitamin Shoppe at home and 1500mg NOW at work. i did powder back in the day, but i prefer capsules because it tastes like ick to me...