Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

spacetygrss

@Smiley79 What are you using for your twist outs? I have to use a product with hold to get good definition. ORS Twist and Loc gel works well, as does Jamican Mango & Lime Loc and Twist gel. Both of those products give a nice, soft hold and give me a defined, sheeny twist-out. I can make a nice set of twists with just butters or gels, but twist-outs are a no go without something with good hold.

Last edited:

Smiley79

Smiley79 have you tried braidouts? I can't get a cute style with twistouts either so I gave up trying years ago.

Yes i tried them and got.the same results...if not worse.

Smiley79 What about using a product with a little bit of hold?

I do have ecostyler gel but never used it becauase I thought it would make my hair crunchy. Im glad you mention this point!

@Smiley79 What are you using for your twist outs? I have to use a product with hold to get good definition. ORS Twist and Loc gel works well, as does Jamican Mango & Lime Loc and Twist gel. Both of those products give a nice, soft hold and give me a defined, sheeny twist-out. I can make a nice set of twists with just butters or gels, but twist-outs are a no go without something with good hold.

Wow you all are really giving me hope. All I do is spray my hair with water and evoo, moisturize it with Oyin Hair Dew and then apply a small amount of Cantu Curl cream(?).
Im going to try using a product with hold and see if I experience a difference!

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

My shingle n go... using smooth n shine polishing curl activator gel, I love this gel so much more than ecostyler gel!

Attachments

• CYMERA_20141225_180231.jpg
    CYMERA_20141225_180231.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 156
  • CYMERA_20141225_180202.jpg
    CYMERA_20141225_180202.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

lux10023

your hair looks great:yep:

i actually picked this up at cvs and the aloe vera in it is everythang--i too like this wayyyyyyy better than ecostyler...the smell is also great...

smooth and shine is it for me...its very moisturising yet has the hold..my curls have been looking great i have my hair in this up do thingy and everyone has complimented on the style..but this gel made the look...it shiny but not to shiny...love it!!!:grin:

My shingle n go... using smooth n shine polishing curl activator gel, I love this gel so much more than ecostyler gel!

Rainbow Brite

The Ugly

So this is my struggle as a natural. My hair always looks a hot mess despite me twisting, flat twisting, using product, letting it completely dry, I've tried stretching it beforehand, I've tried wet hair, dry hair....UGHHH! Trust me, it's been over 2 years now and I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun and what you see in the picture is what my natural hair ALWAYS looks like after a twist out. No definition, frizzy hair that's just blah. You have no idea how frustrated it gets me... so that's why I always rock puffs because my hair never looks right. smh. To me this does not look cute or presentable. I don't know what else to do with my hair. my last straw is to try the Cherry Lola Caramel/Max Hydration Method and see what happens, if that doesn't help than I give up...I'm just gonna keep my hair braided up underneath wigs for 2015.
Do you use glycerin?

I experienced something very similar to you and I was getting sooo frustrated so I can relate!

I stopped using glycerin and my hair gradually became able to hold a curl!

Try eliminating glycerin if you use it and see how you go...

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

your hair looks great:yep:

i actually picked this up at cvs and the aloe vera in it is everythang--i too like this wayyyyyyy better than ecostyler...the smell is also great...

smooth and shine is it for me...its very moisturising yet has the hold..my curls have been looking great i have my hair in this up do thingy and everyone has complimented on the style..but this gel made the look...it shiny but not to shiny...love it!!!:grin:

Thank you lux10023 OMG I'm with you on the smooth n shine gel lol, it doesn't flake or get crunchy and it stays moist! My staple :yep:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
The Ugly

So this is my struggle as a natural. My hair always looks a hot mess despite me twisting, flat twisting, using product, letting it completely dry, I've tried stretching it beforehand, I've tried wet hair, dry hair....UGHHH! Trust me, it's been over 2 years now and I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun and what you see in the picture is what my natural hair ALWAYS looks like after a twist out. No definition, frizzy hair that's just blah. You have no idea how frustrated it gets me... so that's why I always rock puffs because my hair never looks right. smh. To me this does not look cute or presentable. I don't know what else to do with my hair. my last straw is to try the Cherry Lola Caramel/Max Hydration Method and see what happens, if that doesn't help than I give up...I'm just gonna keep my hair braided up underneath wigs for 2015.

Aww you and your hair are cute!!

However this is all fine hair problems tbh. What I found helps when I really want twist out definition is to use a setting lotion like lottabody or mizani on soaking wet hair. They smooth down the cuticle and really hold the curl shape as well as resist reversion.

Hth

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I am loving my hair. I can't tell if that's new-growth or under processing but I love it. I do need a trim though.

Attachments

• IMG_20141230_105242.jpg
    IMG_20141230_105242.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_20141229_222148.jpg
    IMG_20141229_222148.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 161

Smiley79

Do you use glycerin?

I experienced something very similar to you and I was getting sooo frustrated so I can relate!

I stopped using glycerin and my hair gradually became able to hold a curl!

Try eliminating glycerin if you use it and see how you go...

Rainbow Brite As a matter of fact, yes!!! I used that a lot. I started the MHM so I am really switiching my regimen completely.THank you for the info.

Aww you and your hair are cute!!

However this is all fine hair problems tbh. What I found helps when I really want twist out definition is to use a setting lotion like lottabody or mizani on soaking wet hair. They smooth down the cuticle and really hold the curl shape as well as resist reversion.

Hth

Thanks DarkJoy you are so sweet! I will keep that in mind to try. :yep:

BostonMaria

image-2529586813.jpg

Cut my hair back to MBL
I wanted a fresh, blunt cut PLUS I had to trim the heat damage that occurred back in September. No sense in having thin ends for the sake of long hair.

From this point forward no more scissors for a year and I hope to be WL again by June.

BostonMaria

BostonMaria: Wow! Both you and your daughter have gorgeous hair! How long is your daughter's hair?

THANK YOU! I take great pride in doing my kid's hair.

I recently cut her hair it from classic length to hip length It's always been long because I only trim about an inch every 2 years. I was just thinking that I need to start doing deep conditioning since she's been asking me to straighten it more.

My other DD has TBL hair

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Freshly deep treated hair. Air dried and repaired from holiday flat ironing.

I did a two step protein Treatment. Clarified. Chelated. Oil rinsed. And voila! My curls reverted perfectly.

Attachments

• image-1614724486.jpg
    image-1614724486.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 185

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
My hair (Lola) started as a twist out at the start of the day. Ended up as a big arse fro by the end.:sad:

Attachments

• 10917056_10100398888058499_3605908129490305062_n.jpg
    10917056_10100398888058499_3605908129490305062_n.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 132

RockCreak

Since I poo'd and dc almost 2ws ago.. I really haven't done nothing else but oil scalp with sulfur 8, massage and put on a silk cap.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Last blow out this winter. I need to stop with the heat. But I am loving my straight hair about now.

Attachments

• image-1612042777.jpg
    image-1612042777.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 198
  • image-698416678.jpg
    image-698416678.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 207