Eqyss Mega Tek Cell Rebuilder-From the Horses Mouth

CurlyMoo

My sister and I are in the process of researching this product before we actually buy it. Thought I would share some of the info I get with those of you making the decision. Here is an article on Epinons.com regarding Mega Tek Cell Rebuilder and it's creator. Now they say it was originally made for human use.

Here is the link and let me know what you think
http://www.epinions.com/review/Mega_Tek_Cell_Rebuilder/content_68431810180

Here is the actual interview from that link:

An Exclusive Interview with Don Van, CEO of EQyss!

One of my favorite websites used to be www.longhairlovers.com. (Recently they went to a "membership" program that requires a $30 yearly investment, and I couldn't afford it.) I still have access to many of the articles and public discussion, and here is a brief segment from an exclusive interview that Mr. Don Van, CEO of EQyss gave www.longhairlovers.com. Enjoy! You should notice that EQyss Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder is strong enough for a horse . . . but was MADE for a woman.

"Q: Don, why was Mega-Tek Cell Rebuilder originally created?

A: It was originally designed to regenerate hair that had been burned by chemicals when women used color treatments or had damage from perms.

Q: What is Mega-Tek Rebuilder, and what makes it so special?

A: Cell Rebuilder and Rebuilder are the same product. It is the only product we know of that makes hair 30% stronger so less breaks off and falls out. It also makes it grow back up to 50% faster. The hair also becomes thicker and fuller.

Q: What is the best way to use the Rebuilder? Leave it in, rinse it out, leave it on for how long, then rinse out, etc.? I know that it is currently designed for horses, and not for humans, so the results will be different, but please answer the questions with the knowledge you have and for the source, such as horses.

A: First, start off by washing your hair with our Premier Shampoo, because it is the only shampoo that does not coat the hair with wax, silicone or petroleum by-products. Other products work, just not as good because they coat the hair. After washing, use Mega-Tek like a conditioner. Leave it on for about 5 minutes and then rinse it out. This is how it should be used for all animals and humans.

Q: Is the Rebuilder a vegan product? Are the ingredients from animal sources or vegan sources?

A: We do not use any animal by products. All EQyss products are manufactured cruelty-free and environmentally friendly. All our products carry a 100% satisfaction guarantee."

taken from www.longhairlovers.com with permission

Oooh, good post! I've read that interview before, and I think it's somewhere in one of the challenge threads, as well. :yep:

Oooh, good post! I've read that interview before, and I think it's somewhere in one of the challenge threads, as well. :yep:

Thanks, I am so hyped up about this product. But I want to know what is the best way to use it. I know here on this site you guys say to just put it on the scalp. But if the owner says to treat it like a conditioner then why not do that. Leave it in for 5 minutes and wash it out. Because I really just want a simple regimen.

I thnk its fine to do it that way if you were just looking for stronger hair, but if your looking for both stronger hair and mad growth then do it the way we all do it and get some mad growth.

But I had my Megatek for a few years I was using it as a deep conditioner but I didn't lke it so I stopped. I didn't like how my hair felt. it got tangled up it was not pleasant for me. So I shelf it.

I put Megatek in a dye bottle (new of course)I add oils and I put it in my scalp every night. Finally a difference stronger longer hair.

Thanks, I am so hyped up about this product. But I want to know what is the best way to use it. I know here on this site you guys say to just put it on the scalp. But if the owner says to treat it like a conditioner then why not do that. Leave it in for 5 minutes and wash it out. Because I really just want a simple regimen.

Well - people have tried it that way, and it didn't turn out too well - usually, it leads to protein overload. I don't know if they were doing it too often, or leaving it on too long, or what. If could be an aspect of the difference between between AA hair & non-AA hair - maybe our hair is more protein sensitive?

Hrmm. Maybe if you stuck, to the letter, to the instructions, your hair would be stronger, and you would retain so much more. For the increased growth though, I think you HAVE to get it on your scalp, and leave it on your scalp (only) for more than 5 minutes.

I thnk its fine to do it that way if you were just looking for stronger hair, but if your looking for both stronger hair and mad growth then do it the way we all do it and get some mad growth.

But I had my Megatek for a few years I was using it as a deep conditioner but I didn't lke it so I stopped. I didn't like how my hair felt. it got tangled up it was not pleasant for me. So I shelf it.

I put Megatek in a dye bottle (new of course)I add oils and I put it in my scalp every night. Finally a difference stronger longer hair.

So are you saying that you experienced no growth within the two years you were using the Megatek as a conditioner? What type of shampoos were you using? I know the creator said to not use shampoos that have silicones in them. And when did you start using it as a scalp treatment and how much growth have you received since you started?

Well - people have tried it that way, and it didn't turn out too well - usually, it leads to protein overload. I don't know if they were doing it too often, or leaving it on too long, or what. If could be an aspect of the difference between between AA hair & non-AA hair - maybe our hair is more protein sensitive?

Hrmm. Maybe if you stuck, to the letter, to the instructions, your hair would be stronger, and you would retain so much more. For the increased growth though, I think you HAVE to get it on your scalp, and leave it on your scalp (only) for more than 5 minutes.

This reminds me of the Aphogee Treatments I give myself every month. That has excessive amounts of protein and yet it's treated like a conditioner. I was thinking that it would be pretty much the same but on a more intense scale. Except that you would prolly rub it into your scalp.

I use it as a leave-in with no issues. I'm trying to be more frugal so now I'm using it on the scalp only. I slept in it overnight as a DC and let it dry during the day as my styling aid.

So do you apply this stuff to your scalp daily and leave it or are you supposed to wash it out? I'm trying to get the mad growth and strength lol

So do you apply this stuff to your scalp daily and leave it or are you supposed to wash it out? I'm trying to get the mad growth and strength lol

I believe they apply it to the scalp and leave it in. Because I like simplicity, I want to use it as a conditioner. Leave it in my entire head for 5 minutes and wash it out. But most of the ladies here have received the best results by just applying it to the scalp.

So are you saying that you experienced no growth within the two years you were using the Megatek as a conditioner? What type of shampoos were you using? I know the creator said to not use shampoos that have silicones in them. And when did you start using it as a scalp treatment and how much growth have you received since you started?
I experienced no growth because I only used it a few times but I didn't like it my hair was tangled up badly and I didn't like the texture of it. So I put it away never to be used again. Shampoo I am loyal to none whatever I grab out the closet on my way to the shower. I rarely shampoo my hair. I been using it for a while now. Off and on since march but I got twist july 25, 2008 and used it every single day faithfully and I got 1/4 to 1/2 inch growth in 9 days. I haven't measured since. I am getting my hair retwisted and its only been 14 days since I got it done. two weeks. I have to get the entire back redone.

I read all the post regarding both Megatek and Ovations before I used it. Everyone so far has experience great growth since putting it on the scalp. I believe if you just use it as conditioner your hair will get stronger I don't know how soon you will see growth. Me personally I wanted to see something now. I did and I am happy. Its a keeper as far as I am concerned.

ETA: I think it was protein overload that harmed my hair when I just put in on my hair. I have used one bottle since March. I wasn't very consistent but now that I am It takes about a month to use an entire bottle, I am also sharing with two daughters and I still have some.

Last edited:
I believe they apply it to the scalp and leave it in. Because I like simplicity, I want to use it as a conditioner. Leave it in my entire head for 5 minutes and wash it out. But most of the ladies here have received the best results by just applying it to the scalp.

Thank you. I don't know if itis supposed to be twice a day or just once? What's recommended do you know?​

I have been wanting to try this prodyct on my sister's hair she's 7 but i wasn't sure...How old are your daughters and do you think its okay for children's hair?

Thanks!

I read all the post regarding both Megatek and Ovations before I used it. Everyone so far has experience great growth since putting it on the scalp. I believe if you just use it as conditioner your hair will get stronger I don't know how soon you will see growth. Me personally I wanted to see something now. I did and I am happy. Its a keeper as far as I am concerned.

ETA: I think it was protein overload that harmed my hair when I just put in on my hair. I have used one bottle since March. I wasn't very consistent but now that I am It takes about a month to use an entire bottle, I am also sharing with two daughters and I still have some.

i used it every other day and bumped it up to every day and the shedding hit me like a semi. i'm going back down to 2x a week.

my sister is 13, she is using it and loves it

Thank you. I don't know if itis supposed to be twice a day or just once? What's recommended do you know?​

I've gotten better results with twice a day when compared to 1x daily, but daily is far better than a few days a week, etc. Last month I had to relax my hair in 4 weeks b/c i already had an inch (more than an inch in some areas) of hair growth. I used no growth aids for the first 2 weeks, and OCT 2x daily for the last 2. I usually get .5-little over .5 inches of growth per month.

Back