Emergency, Emergency!!!

HairTemptress

Ok ladies heres the deal... i have a really important interview on Sunday and i need to look my best.

I am about 5 mo post relaxer, and i want to straighten my hair. Usually i would go to Dominicans but i have no money, im a broke college student.:lachen:

So what do i do??..i have never blowdryed or straightened my hair.:perplexed

Do i rollerset? (would this get my roots straight)

blowdry and straighten?

blowdry aand bantu knot?

I need flown hair..Help Me Please, i dont know what to do...

crying-baby-giant-eyes1.jpg

Well, what do you do on the every day?

Scarf method and a bun, maybe?
Make a part, get a scarf. That what I would do.

The only problem with set styles, like bantu knots is that if it comes out bad... there isn't much you can do to fix it on interview day. Have you ever tried bantu knots on 5 month post hair?

Honey I would go to the BSS and buy a WIG. You don't want to mess around trying to straighten your hair for the first time right before a key event. I know if you aren't used to the idea of wearing wigs it might sound crazy. But wigs have come a long way from when gramma used to wear them. They look like full head sew-ins now. I wear mine daily and they can look really fly, for cheap, and in 30 seconds.

Im about 3 months post and I had the same dilema. Some people rollerset 1st to get the roots straighter than run over it w/ a flat iron. Me lol I was just impatient to I blew them out a little bit, and then flat ironed. It came out great. Took about 3 hrs, but well worth it.

Honey I would go to the BSS and buy a WIG. You don't want to mess around trying to straighten your hair for the first time right before a key event. I know if you aren't used to the idea of wearing wigs it might sound crazy. But wigs have come a long way from when gramma used to wear them. They look like full head sew-ins now. I wear mine daily and they can look really fly, for cheap, and in 30 seconds.

very true, for your 1st time it is alot to attempt

I think maybe you should consider doing a simple bun or use a sock/doughnut. This is still stylish and professional.

Since you've never done your hair yourself, now is not the time to be experimenting. The anxiety of your interview and doing your hair for the first time could equal a huge set-back. But I do think that this is a good incentive for you to start learning how to do you own hair in the future.

@20something: I understand about the bantu knots, if something does goe wrong i am kind of screwed.lol.

@Ladypaniolo:I would totally get a wig,but once again the money issue comes into play...im thinking about blowdrying on cold (not with the comb attachment),and then rollersetting and letting it airdry...thoughts??

Do you have anyone you trust to help you help with blow drying? If not you could always do a nice neat bun on blow dried hair. You could just blow dry with a comb attachment, smooth the hair with a pomade tie it down with a scarf to smooth and then put it in a bun. I know you want you're hair down, but a nice bun can be just as professional and will keep you from having to do to much with you hair.

I strongly agree with the bolded. You don't want to be thinking about your hair AND you want to look good. You'll have to bun it. Maybe add some cute bangs or a side part?

Back