Flat Ironing New Growth Does it really straighten it well

krissynick

I am trying to avoid relaxing my hair so much bt I need to straighten it sometimes to make it more manageable. I have alot of new growth and i want to know if flat ironing is as effective blowdrying roots.... i dont want to blowdry roots because it burns my scalp and i think it cause my scalp to dry out beacause of all the heat.

I tried flatironing and I would burn my scalp w/ that too. At 8 weeks post now, I HAVE to use the blow dryer AND instead of using the flat iron, I use my big 1.5" bumping/curling iron to get close to the new growth and straighten it out while adding a curl so my dry rollerset will actually last.

I just gotta be careful either way. And moisturizing my edges & tying up that scarf w/ a quickness helps to lay it down too.

Well, Krissy and MsBrown, I'll just have to pass and sit in the back corner! LOL. I'm participating in the LHCF 2008 Bootcamp, and used my new FHI iron for the last time last weekend until December 2008. I'm going to try some creative ways to lay down my NG, which is almost 1.75 inches at week 7. I've got henna on my head right now, I'm using coconut milk and last weekend I did a caramel treatment (really nice and straight hair...see my siggy?). I think the right kind of flat iron will work really well, though, and with the caramel treatment, your hair will feel like you've had a relaxer. HTH

Back