Elasta QP Curl Wax vs Dudley's Creme Press

Tanisha

Elasta QP Curl Wax vs Dudley\'s Creme Press

I'm trying to replace any product that I have been conditioned to purchase from my salon. Even though the Dudley Creme Press only costs about $6.00 I want to replace it with something I can get from a beauty supply store. The problem is I haven't seen anything that uses the same term creme press. I figured you guys would know if there creme press is the same thing as Elasta QP's curl wax.

FYI: I shampoo, protein condition, regular condition, setting lotion then put on the creme press and allow my hair to air dry before I blow dry it. I got the technic from my hair stylist it works beautifully on my hair.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Elasta QP Curl Wax vs Dudley\'s Creme Press

Are you saying that you put the creme press on your hair while it's still wet? That's interesting

I do this sometimes with Ultra Sheen's Creme Satin Press. It is creamier and a bit heavier than the Dudley's. I paid 6.49 for it at Sally's for a 13oz. jar.
I mostly use Dudley's creme press for extra protectiuon on my ends before I flat iron.

Tanisha

Yes, after I spray on the setting lotion and comb it through with a wide tooth comb I rub some creme press through out my hair and then comb it through again. I tie a satin scarf on it and go to bed. By morning it's dry and only needs to be blown drier with the blow dryer and a comb attachment.

The mixture makes my 4a/b hair soft and shiny and it doesn't need any hairdress on it for the next 2 or 3 days. I usually only do this on a Sunday unless my hair really needs a protein conditioner because it's shedding too much.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Hmmm...I'll have to try that
I love using the Cream Press when I "flat" iron with my curling iron. It makes my hair so satiny & soft.