Ediese and Glamazon Can I please have your Regis....

Foufie

While weaved up. i have this curly weave in and I don't really know what to do.:ohwell: Scared to co-wash but I have been using MT and I am scared it maye be overkill :rolleyes: and what not...I searched for a similar thread....so I am sorry if this is a duplicate.:blush: You beautiful ladies are totally resident weave experts and I just adore your hair (both of you):grin:

Vintageglam

If you look in Ediese's signature or go to her page and look for her threads that she started she has a whole thread on this.

Also her about me page in her Fotki heavily details her reggie.

HTH's Foufie

growinghealthyhair

Do many wear weaves here?? I didn't realize some did, thats my protective style. It really keeps my hands out of my head and my hair is so much thicker now.

Foufie

Glamazon - thanks. SO i can wash the curly weave as well? I was worried about it getting frizzy. I read about Ediese using applicator bottles diluted with water to DC. I guess I will be brave this weekend and try it out. THanks again

glamazon386

Glamazon - thanks. SO i can wash the curly weave as well? I was worried about it getting frizzy. I read about Ediese using applicator bottles diluted with water to DC. I guess I will be brave this weekend and try it out. THanks again

It depends on what kind of hair you bought. If it's not Remy more than likely you'll have a birds nest on your head after 3 or 4 washes. I would prolong washing to maybe once every 2 weeks in that case. How long do you plan on keeping your weave in?

As far as using an applicator bottle or diluting shampoo goes - I've been wearing weaves for years and I've never done either one. When I've had my weave washed at the salon the stylist never did it either. IMO, it's an unnecessary step. I wash the weave the same way I wash my own hair and I've never had any problems. I will say this though, don't pile the hair on top of your head because you run the risk of it tangling and matting.

honeybuni84

Hey..

i know im not edise/glamazon but i stay in weaves the better part of each year... I have some what of a regimine.

what i do as far as cleansing my weave is to do a traditional co wash in the shower... it will get rid of any tangles, curly hair may have a few if you used remy hair or a LOT if you didnt. Then i apply something like cantu shea butter to the hair with a little of my oil mix and thats it. I may shampoo once a amonth, but that can be upped depending on how you feel about shampoo( i am currently phasing it out to be replaced with a natural method).

Using an applicator maybe to get down to your braids, but really that caused buildup of product. I found that all of the poo that got in from my weave was good enough.. No matter what your hair isnt gonna get as clean as you would if it were loose. For me, i have found that it has led to some matting for my very fine hair. How long do you plan to keep the weave in?