Edges and General Thinning

dimechiq

Hey girls, what did you do for this problem?

I have general thinning all over, with emphasis on the temples and crown (bald spot area usually on the top, back, of a mans head).

Now I'm getting the dreaded edges thinning! With a few bald patches! :cry3:No braids or weaves, just something internal :(.

I'm doing Spironolactone and washing with the keto (Nizoral 2%) shampoo. Any other helpers out there????

Last edited:

SimplyBlessed

Right now I'm trying jbco with rosemary and peppermint oil....two really good eo oils...

Don't got over broad.and keep it simple with ur edges....

Also massaging can do more harm than good depending on how bad ur edges are....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

bimtheduck

I used my fingers instead of my palm to apply product and regular ole castor oil worked for me. I even mxed in a few drops of pepermint and rosemary oil.

SunKissedBrown

Hi Dimechiq,

So sorry to hear about your hair dilema. I have had thin edges and nape for over ten years due to braids, weaves and relaxers. And last year, due to stress and a bad relaxer, I started getting bald batches. Fortunately, that is no longer the case because I decided to be proactive.

Based on my experience, what I would suggest to you is to FIRST stop stressing! Then adapt a simple hair regimen you can stick to.

What's worked for me is going "natural", washing weekly with Ayurvedic powders (particularly Brahmi), DC once a week, glycerin and water moisturizer, and protective styling with a wig. I have been doing this for about 9 months and presently my hair is VERY thick, already about 5 inches, nape has filled in and although temples are still thin, they are not as bad as they were before. Sorry I am not brave enough to put up pics of my hair - I hope you take my word for it :)

Best of luck with your hair.

Lofa

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Claudie Temple Balm Revitalizer:yep:. Also, have a consult with Claudie. She'll hook you up.

I don't have "Edge" Problems, but I have an 'itchy' crown from time to time especially this time of year and the Temple Balm Revitalizer helps to soothe the itchies also the Claudie Scalp Exlir.:yep:

I also rotate: JBCO & occasionally MT (for that area). Also, Christine Gant Mixed Greens, Njoi CreationS Ayurvedic Hair Butter. Right now, I am using My Honey Child Buttery Soy Hair Cream. And I also have some M/N I may experiment with this Winter mixed with JBCO or some sort of "Grease".