EDEN Bodyworks

SmilingElephant

I keep seeing these Eden products in WalMart and i was wondering if anybody here uses them?

I am pretty curious about them as i am an advocate for mostly buying products i can get on the ground.

Are they any good?

I am interested in trying their Peppermint line...and i really want that peppermint spray oil for when i straighten my hair next month because i know my scalp will be super itchy but i want my flatironing to last longer than a week.

Reviews??

kupenda

I have the jojoba monoi deep conditioner. It's some garbage. I'm planning to take it right on back to the store this week. My hair didn't feel moisturized or strengthened or anything. It felt exactly the same as it feels after a shampoo. I airdried and almost drive back to Walmart with a plastic baggy on my head and a towel on my neck

prettybyrd

I just bought the Peppermint Tea Tree Oil Spray oil on Friday. I haven't used it yet, but after I do my hair this evening I will report back how I like it. It does smell nice - I just hope it works as well as it smells. It puts me in the mind of Oyin Go Tea.

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

I just bought the Peppermint Tea Tree Oil Spray oil on Friday. I haven't used it yet, but after I do my hair this evening I will report back how I like it. It does smell nice - I just hope it works as well as it smells. It puts me in the mind of Oyin Go Tea.

Yeah that bottle looks just like the Oyin Go Tea spray. Does it work like a mist, do you know? I've never bought Go Tea.

kupenda...don't tell me that!:( UGH!!! I was getting excited about trying it. I want a good coneless DC that i can get on the ground.

jamaica68

I have the jojoba monoi deep conditioner. It's some garbage. I'm planning to take it right on back to the store this week. My hair didn't feel moisturized or strengthened or anything. It felt exactly the same as it feels after a shampoo. I airdried and almost drive back to Walmart with a plastic baggy on my head and a towel on my neck

Instead of returning it I've been adding other half empty conditioners and oils to use it up, will not repurchase. On the other hand I really like the Jojoba Monoi hair milk.:yep:

westNDNbeauty

kupenda when I used their DC following the directions on the jar it didn't work its best for me, but when I sleep overnight with the DC (jojoba monoi) using a heat cap it works much much better.

prettybyrd

Yeah that bottle looks just like the Oyin Go Tea spray. Does it work like a mist, do you know? I've never bought Go Tea.

SmilingElephant, I used it on my cornrows last night and it made my braid out this morning pretty soft, but it lacked definition. Unlike the Oyin spray, this is all oil. I do believe that the Oyin product has aloe vera juice in it that makes it more like a hair milk than this is.

The Edens Body Works left my hair soft, but it looks rather dull. It did do a pretty good job of sealing in moisture, and it wasn't left very greasy. When I touch my palm to my hair, I get a little oil, but it's not excessive.

Also, my hair was stretched and lightly spritzed (not even damp) with water and aloe vera gel when I applied it, so I can understand the lack of definition in the braid out. Heavier pomades usually give better definition for braid/twist outs on dry hair than oils like this.

This morning I applied a little Ecostyler gell to my edges before I french braided my hair for work (since the braid out didn't work out) and I crossed my fingers for the Ecostyler and EBW PTT oil to work well together, and lo and behold, they did. However, I'm not sure how I will continue to use this oil.

I like oils for my hair, and perhaps, because it made my hair is so soft, I will use it as a sealant again in the future, (on wet hair) but I don't plan to use it again for a braid out. I will have to use it a few more times before I decide whether or not I want to make this a staple product.

It has all of the oils in it that my hair seems to like - except coconut oil - and I may try it as a hot oil treatment in the future like it recommends on the website. However, if I had to make a decision at first blush about whether or not to repurchase, I'd say no.

HTH! :)

Here are the ingredients (per the website):

Last edited:

nerdography

I used the Jojoba Monoi DC and my hair loved it, but my scalp hated it. It cause my psoriasis to flare up. My scalp was itchy, inflamed and had flakes galore. I had to stop using it.

SmilingElephant

SmilingElephant, I used it on my cornrows last night and it made my braid out this morning pretty soft, but it lacked definition. Unlike the Oyin spray, this is all oil. I do believe that the Oyin product has aloe vera juice in it that makes it more like a hair milk than this is.

The Edens Body Works left my hair soft, but it looks rather dull. It did do a pretty good job of sealing in moisture, and it wasn't left very greasy. When I touch my palm to my hair, I get a little oil, but it's not excessive.

Also, my hair was stretched and lightly spritzed (not even damp) with water and aloe vera gel when I applied it, so I can understand the lack of definition in the braid out. Heavier pomades usually give better definition for braid/twist outs on dry hair than oils like this.

This morning I applied a little Ecostyler gell to my edges before I french braided my hair for work (since the braid out didn't work out) and I crossed my fingers for the Ecostyler and EBW PTT oil to work well together, and lo and behold, they did. However, I'm not sure how I will continue to use this oil.

I like oils for my hair, and perhaps, because it made my hair is so soft, I will use it as a sealant again in the future, (on wet hair) but I don't plan to use it again for a braid out. I will have to use it a few more times before I decide whether or not I want to make this a staple product.

It has all of the oils in it that my hair seems to like - except coconut oil - and I may try it as a hot oil treatment in the future like it recommends on the website. However, if I had to make a decision at first blush about whether or not to repurchase, I'd say no.

HTH! :)

Here are the ingredients (per the website):

Thanks so much for the details! :D I think, from your review, i will buy this to use just on my straight hair....not necessarily as a staple for my curly hair. I just would like it to soothe my itchy scalp that i always get when i straighten my hair.

prettyinpurple

I never got my samples that I requested last summer. Actually probably summer before last :look:

I rec'd a reminder e-mail saying they were behind schedule but coming soon. Still nothing.

MarieB

Bumping because I am curious to read you ladies' thoughts about other products by this company. I recently purchased the Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo, but haven't tried it yet. Thoughts?

Seamonster

I used the peppermint conditioner as a co wash and my hair loved it. It is very thick and rich, so I added water to it to get the consistency I like for co washes. Great co wash.

I got the Jojoba monoi line as a gift at their release party, but I haven't tried it yet.

SmilingElephant

I used the monoi deep conditioner the other day and let it sit for about an hour and a half. I actually think its pretty decent. It reminds me of lustrasilk dc's, but without cones. So i like it :)

Sent from my Teleportation Device

Beamodel

I just brought the Coconut Shea Curl Defining Cream for my DS hair. I like how it does define his curls however it dosent absorb quickly into his hair.

I also brought the beautiful textures moisture butter for him too. I get the exact same effect but it absorbs into his hair without leaving a white residue.

Last edited:

Lita

The coconut curl cream,Beamodel works best on wet/damp hair with a little oil on top to seal..Keeps residue away/keeps moisture in..

Jojoba mono conditioner,is really good,has nice slip & leaves your hair Fluffly..I don't care for the scent,but it doesn't linger..I leave some on my ends,before styling

Coconut edge..Slicks/smooths edges down..

Coconut co wash is nice too..

*This is a descent line...Not my go to,but a good stand by.

Happy Hair Growing!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
The Peppermint Tea Tree hair milk made my hair hard.

I liked the feel of the coconut shea pudding souffle; but, mine smelled like formaldehyde for some reason. It freaked me out, so I gave it away.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I picked up the Coconut Shea All Natural Leave In and Pudding Souffle. I like them so far! My hair is soft, shiny and really defined. I don't know how they performed separately yet but I do know that the Pudding Souffle has great slip.

all_1_length

I used the Jojoba Monoi DC and my hair loved it, but my scalp hated it. It cause my psoriasis to flare up. My scalp was itchy, inflamed and had flakes galore. I had to stop using it.
:eek2:I have been wondering about this product line. Good thing I didn't try this. I had no idea a product could cause a flare up like that. I guess all that's supposed to be natural can be harmful to you.

My first psoriasis outbreak was badddd. I mean thick crust irritated infected bleeding pussy scalp spreading psoriasis sores all over my body bad. I recoverd from my first/last bout of psoriasis in my scalp about 9 years ago (which took out most of my hair btw) and I haven't had a flare up on my scalp since. My hair has regrown but I still continue to have issues in other places.

Lilmama1011

:eek2:I have been wondering about this product line. Good thing I didn't try this. I had no idea a product could cause a flare up like that. I guess all that's supposed to be natural can be harmful to you. My first psoriasis outbreak was badddd. I mean thick crust irritated infected bleeding pussy scalp spreading psoriasis sores all over my body bad. I recoverd from my first/last bout of psoriasis in my scalp about 9 years ago (which took out most of my hair btw) and I haven't had a flare up on my scalp since. My hair has regrown but I still continue to have issues in other places.

Whether natural or not, if you skin doesn't like it, it's going to show it, it might not be bad on your scalp though...

napbella

I picked up the EBW Coconut Shea Curl defining cream, wasn't expecting too much since I have tried several curl defining creams in the last month or so and nada. But this worked surprisingly well considering my hair is acting all uppity. So I washed, did a quick dc (aussie moist 3 min) put in the cream, scurl and a light oil (vit E) over that. My hair stayed moist for 2-3 days, I applied scurl again (lightly) on day 3. Imma say this is a win cuz my hair stays dry. But I can do this a coupla times a week without too much fuss. Oh Yeah, it was only $8 at walmart, Now I can use the "precious" (QB) sparingly.:yep:

ETA: I know, I know...I need to update my pic.:ohwell: