Easier Tea rinse

Chameleonchick

I love my tea rinses but I hate the grit. The multiple washes on some days are okay, but when I don't have much time it can be annoying. Well I don't have a coffee machine anymore (I dropped the glass part a while back) so I was going to throw away my coffee filters, then I got a bright idea to use the filters for brewing my powders. So I was like okay, the filter may wind up falling into the cup and then I would have the same problem (i'm in twists don't need stuff chillin in my hair). Then I also remember I had a little mesh strainer that is the perfect size for the cup, and this is what it looks like. I just boiled some water put it in the cup then placed everything else in and let it steep while I got the kids ready for bed.

Attachments

• DSC02833.jpg
    DSC02833.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC02834.jpg
    DSC02834.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 45
I believe DLewis showed me this I put my powder in the filter fold the top over to make a flap then take a stapler and staple the top.

I can brew that thing all day and nothing comes out. I usually will heat it and let it boil then let it sit and cool.

Hope that extra info helps.

I was like you with the thickness of my hair I cannot afford to be rinsing for 45 minutes and then going back in there. This has been a real life saver for me.

Tea rinses and conditioning are the best.

Thanks for sharing you ideas. I plan on wearing kinky twists while on vacation and I was pondering on how I was going to convert from pastes to tea rinses. You all answered my question.

ETA: I can't stand grit either. I had more than enough of that drama when I had dreads.

I believe DLewis showed me this I put my powder in the filter fold the top over to make a flap then take a stapler and staple the top.

I can brew that thing all day and nothing comes out. I usually will heat it and let it boil then let it sit and cool.

Hope that extra info helps.

I was like you with the thickness of my hair I cannot afford to be rinsing for 45 minutes and then going back in there. This has been a real life saver for me.

Tea rinses and conditioning are the best.

Thats a good idea too.

Should you only make enough tea for one time use or can you make alot and the use it later?? If so, how would you store it??

I still don't have my powders...please don't get me started on that one. Anyways I bought tea bags from From Nature with Love. You seal them with an iron. I figure whenever I'm in the mood I will just make a bunch at a time. That way I can just reach for a tea bag or two when it's time to make a rinse.

Should you only make enough tea for one time use or can you make alot and the use it later?? If so, how would you store it??

Because it has water and no preservative, I've seen a tea grow mold within a couple of days. So I'd rather make a batch that I will use up there and then.

I think the freezer would keep it fresh for a few days. I've done it before and it worked fine ... but I just don't risk it anymore.

ETA: Thanks OP for the tip!!!

Back