Dyed My Hair Blue ---- Need Help!

leona2025

Well it was intentional, lol. Anyway in the interest of keeping my hair new, fresh, and exciting, I tried to dye my hair Atomic Turquoise by Manic Panic. Just the front fringe.

The color didn't take well because I didn't lighten my hair, but I got a cool green color which I liked for about a week and then I used Manic Panic Shocking Blue and I have a really nice deep blue. It almost looks black, which is strange because I have been trying to get black with a semi and it would not go black. Anyways, I love it. I want to dye my whole head, but its sooooo messy and I like the contrast between the blue hair and my brown/red hair. I will take pictures and post this weekend.

The problem is the mess. How do you ladies prevent dye from getting everywhere and how do you get it out. I have dyed the countertops, tub, and floor blue. How do I get it out and what do ya'll use to prevent these messes?

HKKelly

I'm the wrong one to tell you how to keep from making a mess, but I can't wait to see your hair! I was thinking of trying manic panic about two years ago, they had a really pretty warm brown and also a copper color I liked. Is it harsh on your hair at all? Drying?
...taps foot, waits for pics... ;)

Last edited:

IrrationalThoughts

You can lay down old sheets and towels or newspaper. for the tub...I used to squirt a layer of that no clean shower stuff, that is supposed to prevent mildew and keep the tub from getting grimy...never really worked, I would suggest cleaning it right a way, like rinse then immediately clean. It may stain a little, but not as bad.

Shocking blue was my stuff in college. I used to mix it with all my dyes (all purples and deep reds)