Dyed My Hair and it Fell out... Please Help

MsKibibi

I'm so sorry to hear about your setback. I know how it feels especially when its caused by something you consciously did. (hugs). If its really alarming then perhaps you should visit your doctor. The one time I tried to color my hair with a demi-permanent color, my skin broke out into welts. So I went to see an Allergist b/c I didn't realize it was the color at first. He gave me a prescription to combat the reaction.

jcdlox

sorry this has happened to you, I also have breakage down to new growth in my nape area from what I guess is an allergic reaction to hair color. Now its sloooow growing back. Baby your hair and scalp and go easy on the protein, heavy on the moisturizing DC and it will grow back, I'm counting on it!

ylinspired

ylinspired....omg almost two yrs. I hopebi can recover within 6 months

Anonymous1... I'm glad i'm not the only one ... Wat did u ladies do to get ur hair back to normal?

2 years is the longest to get full length back that"s strong, usually after any kind of damage the hair is weak and breaks off. After a while the breakage will stop. I always hide my hair. Right now I DC every two weeks, I would do it weekly, but I have my hair braided , I CW weekly without taking my braids down. I use EO everday, and hid my hair. Wigs for now. It might not take you that long, it depends on how your hair grows and the severity of the damage.

Janet'

stephluvshair I'm so sorry that this happened to you OP :bighug: :bighug: The ladies have given you some wonderful advice and take it from me from someone coming off of a setback...It WILL get better :yep: :yep:

Ltown

Greyland
I was going to say the same thing. My kids grandma went through this and unfortuantely her doc couldn't even help.
She went through issues of oosing and pussing and craddle cap for 2 years. Yes she used the Dermatologist Medications ointments and shampoos. Nada

I bought her some Alma Oil to help with in a month she was back to her old self.

I’m so sorry this is happening to you. It sounds like you’re having a bad allergic reaction to the PPD that’s contained in the Bigen.

Although I am no expert by any means, my first instinct is to suggest that you gently (yet methodically) begin the process of rebuilding and repairing, particularly your scalp. To that end, you might want to look into the benefits of using some of the Ayurvedic herbs/powders, as well as my favorite product of all time – castor oil.

Again, I’m so sorry that you are going through this, but don’t despair. Things will get better in time; just hold on.

You ladies are on point. OP i had allergic reaction to indigo which has ppd, this happen this past May. I lost 4", edges were bald and hair thin i got seborrhea dermatitis. I'm recovering edges are growing back. i use lots of oils, eo, stop pooing and now cowash which stop the dermatitis. It slow recovery but it will grow back. I just wear puff or bun, no fancy styling.

Diva_Esq

So sorry this happened to you! (((Big hug)))

This is exactly why I won't color my hair even though people tease about my grays that are starting to come in!!

KPH

House Head
*cries with you* because this happened to me before too and I ended up doing this
Oh no . Are you for sure it's that bad??? You will need to baby your hair for at least the next six months. You also may be in need of a trim or cut depending on how bad the breakage is. Moisture, protein, protective styling, definitely no heat to straighten are all in order. You may need to do an aphogee treatment if you haven't already done so.

NYDee

Nutrine garlic shampoo (the one that smells like garlic) and the deep conditioner has been helping with my shedding. I have only used it 3 times for a week so far and my shedding is already reduced by half.

I have also been leaving my hair damp under a shower cap for two weeks straight now. I use Aphogee 2min twice a week and Nutrine every other day. I also henna once a month. The result is stronger strands, less shedding, and almost no breakage.

danysedai

I've been using Bigen for about 2 years and luckily have never had an extreme adverse reaction to it but I'm noticing some extra shedding and want to change hair colour, I'll look into the other suggestions offered in this thread. It's better to prevent damage.