Drying Without Heat

NickiWI

I am looking for ways to dry my hair quickly using as minimal heat as possible. I have hair that is mid back length and it takes a couple of days for it to dry if I let it air dry naturally. I live in Wisconsin where is too cold for me to go outside into the cold air with wet or damp hair a lot of the year. Up to this point I have been using my blow dryer on a low heat setting but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of other ways I could get my hair dry with using less heat and without waiting for it to dry naturally.

ChoKitty

I usually wash at night, so I have more time to let it dry, but I turn on a fan and aim it at my hair while I do something else that doesn't have me moving a whole lot (studying, folding laundry, surfing LHCF).

eta: My blowdryer also has a "cool" function, not just a cool blast. It basically is like a fan too, pushing the room temperature air out at a faster pace to dry. I do that sometimes too.

Last edited:

Curlykale

I air dry only, but I get ill easily, my hair is mid back and thick, and I need to wet it at least twice a week. So it was a problem for me.

The only way I can do it is by air drying without product first. I come out of the shower with detangled rinsed hair, wear a microfiber towel or tshirt or proper towel for 20 min, then air dry in braids without any product. When my hair is dry (not long!) I then apply my leave ins, butters, oils or gels. In order to avoid frizz and for slip, it can happen that I may need to lightly re-spray my hair (or I use my homemade flaxseed gel which solves the problem). I spray lightly with distilled water or aloe juice or a mix of the 2 (aloe juice takes longer than water to dry). Then I style.Still, it is not like having to wait for my hair to dry for 48 hours and the process is much quicker/ I can wet my hair whenever I like without going crazy.

Funnily enough, hair that is drenched with water and product takes days. Hair that is dry, lightly sprayed and then styled takes a short time.

This video is why I had this idea: http://youtu.be/s3QxVl6dp3s

Hope it helps!

Last edited: