Blow drying on the COOL setting

melodee

This has been a life saver during the winter months. My hair is like a sponge, and it takes a day or so to completely dry. I don't have time for that now that I work, and since it's too cold for me to go around with wet hair, I needed an alternative. Bonnet drying is okay, but still takes long and the ends of my hair never get dry if I hang it loose.

So I've been blow drying it on the cool stting. The air is definately cool, room temp at best. And I don't use the rake/Pick, I blow it like the White girls...by keeping the dryer moving over my locks. It still takes much longer than if I had that sucka on Hot, but as I see it, I am speed air drying-much healthier than using heat. My ends have not suffered as a result. Anyone else do this?

I do, when I blow dry I use the cool setting... it does take longer and sometimes I am tempted to turn the heat on high for a few secs and then go back to cold! :)

I think blow-drying on cool should be fine, all it does is speedup the drying process that the air would have naturally [and slowly] done on its own.

I do this, too, when I'm flat ironing or just don't want to walk around with wet hair. Mine stays cool at first but then gets hotter, room temp at best.

Yeah, I mean when there arctic winds a blowin' outside, I don't want to be out there with wet hair. Now that I'm rockin' rows I will use this method so that my braids won't turn into icicles.

Back