Dry Scalp In Cold Weather AND Sealing Without Weighing Down

LdyKamz

I'm in NY and it got cold literally over night! And over night my scalp is now dry and flaky. This is the first time I am wearing my hair out in years. Over the summer it was simple but now is when I find out what I'm made of. I thought about oiling my scalp but my hair gets weighed down. Is that the only way to keep my scalp from getting dry like this?

And since it is getting cold of course my hair gets a little dry too. So I seal my hair with a very heavy oil mix when I bun. But wearing it down with that mix is out of the question because ti makes my hair look heavy and it won't move. What can I use to seal when I wear my hair out in colder weather? Btw, I am relaxed

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I would use a lightweight Pomade to touch my ends with.

You can also seal your ends with Grapeseed or a lighter oil. Grapeseed is very light.

I'm relaxed as well.

ETA: Hot Oil Treatments on Wash Day might help too.

LdyKamz

I notice that my hair still gets a little dry when sealing with a light oil. But I am open to the pomade idea. I've never tried that. Any suggestions?

The Hot Oil Treatment might be a good idea too. I just hope it is enough to keep my scalp ok for at least a week.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I like several (in no particular order):

Hairveda's Almond Glaze
Hairitage Hydrations Peach Pomade
Oyin Handmade SweetBerries or Burnt Sugar Pomade
Kyra's Pomegrante Pomade
Claudie's Tiffani Ceramide Pomade

HOTs under a Heating Cap on Wash Day should help.