*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters
Hey Bronzey-
You know I don't know my way around LHCF and I can't believe this has been out here all the time and you didn't put me in the "KNOW". I ordered the book from AMAZON so I can get up to speed without being a pain in your "ear".:ohwell:

I love a good scrambled egg with a little cheese and onions and peppers and... but if I am going to do it-- you know me--I have to do the whole raw egg!!! (Pray my strength)

I will post when I get the book and start!!

I'm so excited--- waist length hair!!!!-- Since I've been at LHCF I have longer hair--I need to post my new pics--I think I'm at APL.

I'll be back-- with a whole egg!!!:lick:

^^^^update--just checked my hair length-- not APL yet- must have been dreaming!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome Egglette Kinise to our Nest!!!

You grow, girl! I know you can do this...and sure, i'll catch you up to speed ~~~~ another good excuse for a 3-hour convo, right?

Hey ladies, just stopping by! Its been 11 days now... 11 raw eggs.. lol. I've hopped from soy to almond to hemp milk, and I think I like the rotation. The soy milk definitely tastes the best, but I've heard so many bad things about soy :-/
happy growing!

I found this thread back in June, read the whole thing, and bought the ingredients. Now that I've decided to stop lurking I will give my mom and I's results.

She has been taking it non stop since early June. Every day that I look at her hair it seems longer and fuller. She has to color her roots more often. She complains to me all the time about how much the hair on her chin grows though :lachen:. I don't think she retains as much hair as she should because she blow dries from wet to dry every week (she's been doin that for over 10 years so its a losing battle to fight with her:nono:). Her hair is healthy though. I just think it'd be longer if she didn't blow dry so much.

Anyway the thing she loved the most about it is what it did for her skin. She's had pregnancy spots under and to the side of her eyes for almost 10 years. She has done everything possible to fix them and nothing has helped. Its always worst in the summer because of the sun. But here we are 2 months into the shake and they are almost non existent. She thinks its a miracle. The only thing she has done consistently the past 2 months is the shake. I'm so glad I found this thread because it makes her so happy to see the marks fade away. Her skin glows now.

As for me, that darn nasty wheat germ oil made me stop for about a month and I only just started taking it consistently for the past 2 weeks (no weekends). So I don't really have hair results except that my skin looks good. One great thing it did was get rid of these annoying bumps on my chin that I got from the biotin that refused to go away even after I stopped taking biotin. It makes me happy knowing I am drinking something healthy that will benefit me.

Sorry for the long post. But my mom told me she'll never stop taking it for the rest of her life so I thought it'd be worth it to share. Her results made me start back up again. Its starting to grow on me now because i can FINALLY take it without gagging. Took a long time to make that recipe taste good.:lick:

^^^^ now this is truly remarkable progress!

thank you so much for sharing it and i hope i can get my Mom to try it, too!
(she's about as stubborn as yours is with the blowdryer, lol!)

question:

i have some wheat germ oil from the herb store that is cold pressed BUT it does not smell badly.
in fact, it has no odor at all.
is it still good enough to take or does the wheat germ oil HAVE to smell bad to be good?

@ alima

Thanks for ur post. I have really bad post preg acne too. Might just give this a go now. What is in the drink ur Mum is taking? Is it the same as the original post?

Welcome Egglettes Alima and Bublin to our Nest!!!

Hazelnutt, so 11 days down, 354 left to go???? Keep up the great work! Who knew you'd have the girlz to down raw eggs, huh? What we'd do for beauty, lol ---- and awesome health!!!

That's some testimony, Alima! Thank you for sharing. Thank you sooooo much. The drink really is amazing, I've said it once, I'll say it again. Who would think something so simple could reap such awesome results?

Grow, you are probably blessed to get the non-stank WGO, lol! Viobin smells like the dickens, no kidding. There are others that are fragrance-free, *giggles* --- that could be what you have. I'd definitely use it.

Bublin, if you have any questions, we are here for ya! I believe Alima's mom used the original recipe, she didn't mention any substitutions. Acne marks don't stand a chance with this drink. IF i get breakout, it'll just fade away...like a miracle, really. I've had those biotin breakouts, too and they are evil. I thought i'd be scarred for life. But, i'm not.

Have a Blessed One!!!!

The Waistlength Cocktail Wins Again....................................................................

Last edited:
Thanks Br*nzey! They FINALLY had wheat germ oil available at my heathfood store yesterday, so today I had my first cocktail with WGO..... whoa! :nono: This is gonna be a struggle! I'm sure deep in this thread people have given some suggestions on making this taste better, but can I get a refresher!? :yep:

^Yeah, Mama, take it to the head, just gulp it down...lol.

Well, what genuinely works is to add fruit and not to breathe...the aroma is a bit intense.
I'm being honest.
I sip through a straw and it works wonders.

Thanks for the Welcome Bronze.

I just bought my organic eggs and Soy milk but shops local to my work don't have Wheat Germ but i have the oil at home.
Just wondering if i can just add an egg and WGO to my Slim Fast shakes?
They already have the flavour, vitamins and minerals and i make mine with half milk/half water. Just add an egg and oil.

What does everyone think? Good or bad?

Last edited:
Hmmm, Bublin, I'd try it for a while - but monitor for weight gain.

That's quite an impressive combo, though, don't think i've heard anyone using it.

I'd go for it, if that's what I had to work with.

Let us know how it goes. I don't think it could hurt if it doesn't cause you to gain lbs.

Wow - the progress you made is remarkable:grin::grin::grin:. I too would like to know how to make a tasty shake without the trouble of prepping fruits and veggies every time - do tell:lick:

hi ladies! i haven't had time to get on the boards lately, but i've been steadily working my program!
thanks again, B for all the helpful suggestions to get my egg shake done without having to wash, slice & dice tons of fruits&veggies.

so far, this is the progress i've made in 6 months since i joined lhcf and started egging!

happy egging ladies! it works, it really does!

Wondering (without reading through hundreds of posts) if you could summarize some of the recipes. Is there another thread with shake recipes? BTW - I'm gonna try it since I try to drink smoothies 4 times a week anyway. I can just add the WGO and WG and now a raw egg :ohwell: right?

thank you, LadyPBC!
yes, i used to clean, slice and dice dozens of fresh fruit and veggies to juice on a daily basis and it became tiresome.
that's when Bronze suggested that i try the shake with just any type of fruit juice!
brilliant idea because as soon as i found a tastey fruit drink, i was able to make effortless shakes, and i love them!

as for the other recipies, it's best to hear Bronze's suggestions because i'm not familiar with all of the variations available, but i'm sure that if you keep the basic ingredients consistent, you can be very creative with the rest!

good luck to you and stick with it, it will work out well, i'm sure!

I use Almond milk and a scoop of protein powder in mine.

The fruit never tasted right and it was a lot of mess.

I've been doing it consistently for 2 or 3 weeks and I think that its doing wonders for my skin.

Now just to be diligent w/ my supplements

You are making excellent progress, Grow, as Lady PBC mentioned.

If you don't like fruit juice, how about trying V8 or one of the 100% Vegetable/Juice blends and add it to your original recipe cocktail? You probably wouldn't need very much.

I used carrot juice at one time and it was soooo good. Carrot juice became too expensive though, dag.

You can always keep it simple with either bananas or blueberries or even strawberries, all of them freeze very easily. I chop up my bananas and freeze them until i'm ready to throw them in my blender for cocktail hour.

LadyS~ stay on top of your supplements, girl! If your skin is glowing your hair is ready to follow suit... speaking of, Vitacost and I are about to do some bidness...

I use Almond milk and a scoop of protein powder in mine.

The fruit never tasted right and it was a lot of mess.

I've been doing it consistently for 2 or 3 weeks and I think that its doing wonders for my skin.

Now just to be diligent w/ my supplements

Yes, Slim Fast is high in protein and has vitamins and minerals. I could......

Use 1 scoop instead of the normal two scoops of my Slim Fast (banana, Chocolate or vanilla Flavour)

Soya Milk

Wheat Germ Oil

Wheat Germ

1 Egg

I'm going to start this on Thursday morning and can't wait.

You are making excellent progress, Grow, as Lady PBC mentioned.

If you don't like fruit juice, how about trying V8 or one of the 100% Vegetable/Juice blends and add it to your original recipe cocktail? You probably wouldn't need very much.

I used carrot juice at one time and it was soooo good. Carrot juice became too expensive though, dag.

You can always keep it simple with either bananas or blueberries or even strawberries, all of them freeze very easily. I chop up my bananas and freeze them until i'm ready to throw them in my blender for cocktail hour.

LadyS~ stay on top of your supplements, girl! If your skin is glowing your hair is ready to follow suit... speaking of, Vitacost and I are about to do some bidness...

whatcha buying?

Wellll, Lady S~

I need L-Cysteine, Wheat Germ Oil, Horsetail, Rosemary, Nettle, Bee Pollen...vitamins for Baby Br*nzes...and that's about all I can think of for now...doing a search for free shipping coupon, lol!

Thanks, I need to look into L-Cysteine and I've been meaning to get some Horsetail for the longest. And I need to start drinking nettle tea.

I am sooo behind

I was impatient so i made my shake up this morn before work.

It was yummy. No taste of the egg just a smooth chocolate Slim Fast taste. Just need to buy the wheatgerm itself but i had the oil.

Thanks, I need to look into L-Cysteine and I've been meaning to get some Horsetail for the longest. And I need to start drinking nettle tea.

I am sooo behind

i hear ya, Ladysaraii! i need to get on that nettle tea, too!
it's so good for us!:yep:
the horsetail i have in an extract, so i just throw that into my egg shake....

Hi again. Sorry for not replying back quicker. Me, my mom, and little sister went to this place called Lake Compound yesterday (so much fun) and didn't have a chance to check in.

My mom and I have have different recipes only because she's using to taking nasty stuff to be healthy or fix the (old) marks on her face. She drank straight aloe at one point every night. Another time she did a 2 week long detox with lemons. Every night she squeezed a whole lemon and drank it with no water. As the days progressed she added a lemon. By day 14 she squeezed 14 lemons. lol thats my mom =)

We follow the original for the most part. I add lots of stuff for taste though. I'm not really worried about calories right now because I barely eat anything during the summer (i lose alot of weight cause i'm not hungry). But once school starts I'll probably count the calories more because I seem to gain weight no matter what I do. The hubby loves it though. Go figure.

My moms recipe:
2 tablespoon wheat germ
2 tablespoon wheat germ oil
1 egg (sometimes. she only puts it a few times a week)
1 tablespoon lechitin
blueberries or bananas
2% milk (soy milk when she goes to costco)

Oh and did I mention she doesn't use a straw. Lol that woman amazes me.

My recipe:
2 tablespoon wheat germ
1 tablespoon wheat germ oil
1 egg
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil (banana strawberry flavor. i got it on sale for 10 but I don't think I'll buy more when its done. its like 20 bucks for a small bottle)
1 tablespoon agave nectar
milk or vanilla soy milk
cinnamon or nutmeg
Optional - 1 tablespoon yogurt or strawberries

If I don't have a straw, I can't drink more than a gulp.

I find that if I add bananas, mangoes, or coconut, it makes it too thick and I gag. I can't drink it if it has chunks. I used to put ice in it but that made it too cold to drink quickly. I miss the soy milk though. The times I put the soy milk I actually said it was good.

^^^^ now this is truly remarkable progress!

thank you so much for sharing it and i hope i can get my Mom to try it, too!
(she's about as stubborn as yours is with the blowdryer, lol!)

question:

i have some wheat germ oil from the herb store that is cold pressed BUT it does not smell badly.
in fact, it has no odor at all.
is it still good enough to take or does the wheat germ oil HAVE to smell bad to be good?

I don't know what it is about those blowdryers. She recently put the brazilian keratin in my hair and I kringed while she blow dried my hair so much and then flat ironed it. She was getting so annoyed with me. Lol

What brand did you get? I wanted to change brands for the WGO but my mom said the smellier, the better. Lol so I just bought another Viobin. Once I go back to school I want to get a better tasting/smelling one.

I forgot to add this to my previous post but thanks for the welcome bronze =) You also influenced me to buy the l-cysteine which I just started. Waist length hair here I come!

And bublin I'm sure it will help with your acne. My mom uses the lechitin oil but I don't so that is the only ingredient that I am unsure of. If you don't see results in like 2-3 weeks maybe you could get the lechitin oil and see if that is the extra skin factor.

Thanks for posting, Alima! That was so cool and funny to read.

I use lecithin as well, on and off. Right now, off. I bought a lot of it and need to use it up, it takes a lot to make it go away, i tell ya. It's almost as bad as WGO. Ick.

Your mom is a woman after my own heart! I wanna be like her when I grow up. 14 lemons straight, no chaser? Wowsers! She must be fine as wine.

Bronzey 3:02 AM?????
This cocktail must realllllllllly work!!!
Got my book!!!
Will post again once I "JUST DO IT"!! I know I told you I want to leave the egg whole (since it's supposed to be more beneficial that way) but now...

Anywho-- you ladies encourage me-- and I can't wait to have my cocktail!

Thanks Bronzey-- you are a living doll!

Kimmmmmy,

Egad,

rule #1. don't look at the time of post!!!

Embarassed.

Well, actually...it was during one of my 50-11 trips to the ladies room that i posted this...something did not agree with me yesterday....could it have been ----da da duuuuh - Domino's? You guessed it.

TMI, i know.

The book is AWES+++SOMEEEEness, isn't it? It's like a little beauty bible artifact.

I think you can definitely drink the egg whole. I know you. You are THAT kinda gal. When you gonna have your cocktail?

I miss you. Hugs n smooches.

Thanks Bronze. Yeah shes a strong woman. People don't believe I'm her daughter anymore. Lol cause I look older than 20 and she looks younger. But you are a very strong and inspirational women also. I read the thread. You've overcome alot and do it with grace and a kind demeanor. You're the reason why this thread is so long. The cocktail works but you make people happy to post and share their experiences. I love this thread <3

Good luck Kinise on your first cocktail. Once you start you'll feel bad when you miss one. I've read some people on here take their ingredients to work if they're in a hurry. Thats dedication!

Back