Don't sleep on GREASE

itismehmmkay

For the past few weeks, I'd been wondering what was up w/ my dry-looking hair. Well, I wasn't using grease for fear of the initial greasy feeling (it isn't as greasy after a few days). Well, I said f- it and decided to re-curl my hair and coat the sections w/ grease.......FABULOUS ya'll! It's like the grease not only moisturizes my hair, but it gives it a soft lasting hold.

YES!

Falon

:sekret:

All right I confess I am the first one to be all anti-grease. Well, I was at my mom's house and I needed to fix my bun and she is old fashioned. She had DAX grease. No I am no lying my mother uses dax or dixie peach. She is a natural by the way and wears her hair in shoulder length twists so I guess it works for her. To make a long story short I used a bit to smooth the flyaways and I coated my ends with some of it. Later on I took my bun down and whadda ya know? My hair was soft and had a nice sheen to it.

:think: I'm re-thinking this grease thing. I don't think grease should be piled on day after day w/o washing but I think that for people who wash their hair several times a week and don't use heat that grease may not be harmful for their hair.

Anyway, since it's winter and I'm not washing that frequently I won't do it now but I will see what happens in the spring when I return to my more frequent hair washing.

Last edited:

candibaby

when i clicked on this thread, i was thinking "why in the world would i want to sleep on grease?" but err.. glad it works for you :)

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
candibaby said:
when i clicked on this thread, i was thinking "why in the world would i want to sleep on grease?" but err.. glad it works for you :)
So was I :lachen:

Last night after CO washing my hair I decided to put a little Palmer Cocunut Oil Grease on my hairs instead of Proctectiv Healty Ends before rollersetting and I must say that I was happy with the outcome. The verdit is still out but we shall see in a week or two

cece22

I tried to sleep on the grease too my hair is lost without it. I use Vigoral indian hemp its my fave right now or even softee coconut oil. When the softee run out I will be mixing my virgin coconut oil with vaseline to replace. My hair loves pertoleum.

The only time when I reach for the grease is when I'm 7 weeks post relaxer. That's because my scalp is soooo sore nothing else will sooth it better than the good ol' green stuff in the plastic jar. :)

Koffie

brownhaired_bonanza said:
The only time when I reach for the grease is when I'm 7 weeks post relaxer. That's because my scalp is soooo sore nothing else will sooth it better than the good ol' green stuff in the plastic jar. :)

Are you talkin' about BLUE MAGIC?

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I usually dont use grease because my hair is fine and even a little bit weighs it down. But after that new growth kicks in and I have to wear a twist out or bun it grease works wonders for moisture and slicking down the sides.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
i did a slammin' roller set w/ ORS olive oil...some classify this as grease, and if it is I'm hooked baby! I think what works for some may not worl for all.

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
Hey Tiger..what are the ingredients for the Sophia's one?.. Good ones I'm sure..I have that on my list..because you said you loved it.. I figured I'd get a little jar of it and try it out..:)

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Grease on my hair (not scalp) every now and then makes my hair feel really soft. I still don't like the ones with petrolatum and mineral oil, though. I don't think those ingredients are harmful--they are just too heavy and oily for my tastes.

bajanplums1

Not using grease was one mistake I made. I used it for a long time and then quit it and then wondered why my hair was light, flying away and frizzy. I only use grease on my scalp though. I heat it with a blow dryer and put it on my scalp after each wash. Now when the new growth comes out, then it is even a bigger help. My fav grease is B&B Super Gro Extra Lite.

Intrestingly enough, my hair transformed with the use of butter & oil (mango butter and aphogee essential fatty acids oil). So the bottom line is my hair loves the grease and though it is greasy at first, it lasts usually only one day and the rest of the week the hair is happy, smooth and frizz free. I also found that using a silcone spray over my greasy hair, smooths it and takes a way the greasy feel.

GREASE MONKEYS UNITE!

Last edited:

hOnii

i gotta do the grease thing, especially after i wash my hair. it gets so dry that i've got to. now i use ors carrot oil instead and i love it.

sbg4evr

Grease works for me. Without it my hair is drier than the sahara desert, I get split ends and/or the ends just break off. After my Nexxus products, I thank the Lord for the person who invented Dax grease. AMEN

Isis

val1212 said:
I am also a grease monkey. In Colorado it is very dry. My fav is LIV. it is the bomb for moisture!!!
Are you natural? Nay loves LIV also on her natural hair. I would love to try it but I haven't seen it anywhere. Where do you get yours?

val1212

No I'm relaxed.(motions oil) You can buy it at you local BSS. if you cannot find it, pm me and i'll send you some.

peacelove

I must say, today was one of the rare times I flat iron my hair. I blow dried my hair and flat ironed it (all using LOW heat!). AND I used some indian hemp on my hair. The results were fabulous. My curls hold much better and I feel like I will be able to do better updo's for the week now. I would never grease my scalp - I only go 3/4 up from the bottom with the grease. I am still not sure if this is the way to go because the grease mixed with the heat - even if it is low heat - makes me nervous. I think I may try doing this for the winter every 2-3 weeks. But in the future, I will air dry my hair. No blowdryer.

Aerie17

Isis said:
Are you natural? Nay loves LIV also on her natural hair. I would love to try it but I haven't seen it anywhere. Where do you get yours?

I get my LIV from Sally's. It really is a nice product for those days when the hair is dry!

itismehmmkay

bajanplums1 said:
Not using grease was one mistake I made. I used it for a long time and then quit it and then wondered why my hair was light, flying away and frizzy. I only use grease on my scalp though. I heat it with a blow dryer and put it on my scalp after each wash. Now when the new growth comes out, then it is even a bigger help. My fav grease is B&B Super Gro Extra Lite.

Intrestingly enough, my hair transformed with the use of butter & oil (mango butter and aphogee essential fatty acids oil). So the bottom line is my hair loves the grease and though it is greasy at first, it lasts usually only one day and the rest of the week the hair is happy, smooth and frizz free. I also found that using a silcone spray over my greasy hair, smooths it and takes a way the greasy feel.

GREASE MONKEYS UNITE!

Same here. I just did a real grease pre-poo (the last one was by accident) and I'm having to get used to the first day grease fest. I hope tomorrow is much better!