Don't cut it challenge

Is anyone else living the wash and go life during this No Cut Challenge? How are you protecting your ends?

I do. I mainly use something kind of heavy that keeps my curls clumped. also since I wash n go my hair shrinks into a short Bob so it doesn't rub against my clothes. I also seal my hair with a heavy butter. I usually use Shea but I am going to try avocado and monoi butter.

Is anyone else living the wash and go life during this No Cut Challenge? How are you protecting your ends?
Just wore an old curl former set out today I usually wear buns and ponytails and alternate that with wash m go's or braid twist outs and I moisturize and seal daily DC 2x weekly under bonnet at night so even if I'm doing more down and out styles my ends don't suffer

I've stopped blow drying and instead have been stretching with flexi rods under the dryer. So far so good. Takes a bit longer on wash day but I'm not as paranoid about my ends this way.

I failed this challenge. I got tired of heat damaged ends in the front of my head so I chopped them off. Then I started clipping SSKs. Now I need to go to a stylist for a nice evened out hair cut. After all of that, I will restart this challenge.

I was so tempted to cut the back last night after taking down my braided updo. There is a major difference in my relaxed and natural hair. I can only wear textured styles from now on. It's bad y'all :nono: this transition is a struggle. May is 6 longggg months away.

I was so tempted to cut the back last night after taking down my braided updo. There is a major difference in my relaxed and natural hair. I can only wear textured styles from now on. It's bad y'all :nono: this transition is a struggle. May is 6 longggg months away.

I feel your pain! After using Ayurvedic powders and henna for the first time, my hair felt so awesome, that I was tempted to big chop all of the heat damaged hair off (roughly 6"). The struggle is real!

I think I have heat damaged ends :-( I'm not cutting tho just maintaining because they're not giving me any trouble I just notice my ends look bone straight and thinner when I'm texlaxed :perplexed:

I'm still in this piece skrong!!! Where was this challenge in Aug when I cut off almost 18mos of progress huh?!?

I've been wearing my hair in pigtails like I'm 5 and idaf what people are thinking lol My hair is out of my face and off my shoulders (you know, what little bit actually reached my shoulders lol)

After flat ironing my hair yesterday, I finally realized that I'm way too scissor happy. The two inches that I cut at the beginning of this journey was not as necessary as I thought. I'm glad I'm in this challenge. #teamnoscissors

Still going strong over here too I haven't looked at the moon calendar at all bc it was part of my haircutting routine. So why bother looking I've made a slightly heavier oil blend that I'm using alternating with my hair butter for winter it's seriously cold outside so Protective styles all the way.

Here's some inspiration

http://youtu.be/lMuJbe9SE_A

http://youtu.be/x4YkYvGjax4

Last edited:
After flat ironing my hair yesterday, I finally realized that I'm way too scissor happy. The two inches that I cut at the beginning of this journey was not as necessary as I thought. I'm glad I'm in this challenge. #teamnoscissors

I feel u.

I had to remove my scissors from my house. I think I'm the worst addict in here!

Right NOW I'm lying here wanting to trim my ends. I moisturized and sealed them instead and tied my hair up for the night.

... I think I'm the worst addict in here! Right NOW I'm lying here wanting to trim my ends. ...

No, you're not. Earlier, I was thinking about how hard it is not to S&D. It is really hard to resist; I have to force myself not to look at my ends. I've never, ever had any desire to have any kind of weave or braided extensions but I am seriously wondering if that wouldn't make it easier to get through this challenge, :lol:.

I feel u. I had to remove my scissors from my house. I think I'm the worst addict in here! Right NOW I'm lying here wanting to trim my ends. I moisturized and sealed them instead and tied my hair up for the night.
no your not! I cheated twice and it felt good! I think I'm going to drop out! I can't deal with jacked up ends for the sake of length! Lol I'm not as scissor happy as I have been in the past though, so this challenge has been somewhat helpful.

no your not! I cheated twice and it felt good! I think I'm going to drop out! I can't deal with jacked up ends for the sake of length! Lol I'm not as scissor happy as I have been in the past though, so this challenge has been somewhat helpful.

I understand. I think the point is to stop cutting when we don't need to, not to sacrifice health. I am all for trimming when needed. ;)

(I don't always need a trim though. My addiction is a habit formed while transitioning. For two years every wash day I was trimming away my ends in order to SLOWLY liberate my relaxer without sacrificing my length. The goal at that point was to stay the same length for two years. NOW I can stop with the scissors......my goal now is to get to a healthy waistlength this year. I can't be trimming every wash day and achieve that goal. I will still cut if my ends look damaged. But my ends are fine....repeats to self and leaves thread thankful my scissors are are my office and I am at home.....Just thinking about my ends makes me want to trim....huh)

I understand. I think the point is to stop cutting when we don't need to, not to sacrifice health. I am all for trimming when needed. ;)

Co-signing....I got in the habit of dusting on a schedule and realized it wasn't necessary. Some people would disagree about breaking the schedule but I'm trying for ultimate length. As of this week I'm 2 weeks past the date I would have originally dusted and my ends look great. This challenge has made me mindful of how to treat my ends to achieve my goals.

That said if it looks like I need to dust before May, I will :)

Im still going strong! I have been trying loose buns instead of wash n goes to see if I can retain length and not have the urge to cut. So far so good.

Oh I've neglected my hair I haven't done any washing or DC for 3 weeks its been too cold and I've been to preoccupied and just kept refreshing it. Well today I did moisturizing DC w Aubrey organic honey suckle rose and protein w apogee keratin 2- minute reconstructor (my hair loves this stuff makes each strand stronger and thicker) for 15 m I moisturizered and sealed with Shea moisture extra moist sure leave in and straight golden castor oil I prefer that to the black castor oil as that's made from roasted Palm grain. Now my hair is happy nice juicy plump braids

Last edited:
So me and my hair are friends again. I can squeeze her into a ponytail with out it looking like Pepper from AHS Asylum :look: Now it looks like a rabbit tail lol which is tons better than my toddler fro I've been rocking lol

I still havent cut, trimmed, s&d, nothing!!!

I haven't cut yet, but I think I need to give myself a pass. I used heat 4 times over the holiday and now I feel like I need a trim.

I haven't cut yet, but I think I need to give myself a pass. I used heat 4 times over the holiday and now I feel like I need a trim.

Show us!

We should have an approval code. You can trim for health with approval of the elders. LOL

(We can't be trusted....I see that now.)

Back