Don't cut it challenge

yamilee21

Oh no had you already trimmed before starting?
Cause that could count as your official pre challenge cut it's still sign up time until Nov 30?

I usually trim in the spring, and do S & D the rest of the time. I hadn't trimmed before my first post in this thread. I guess I have to pay more attention to my ends too; keeping my hair up with the ends sealed with castor oil doesn't seem to be enough. :(

Lucia

I usually trim in the spring, and do S & D the rest of the time. I hadn't trimmed before my first post in this thread. I guess I have to pay more attention to my ends too; keeping my hair up with the ends sealed with castor oil doesn't seem to be enough. :(
yamilee21 Then that could count as your official trim and you start the challenge now You will still get some splits and knots after you cut you'll never get them all trust me I cut too much length and progress away trying but do focus on LOC moisture and sealing those ends maybe try some hair butter that's helped me a lot with sealing my ends I moisturize seal with my light oil then butter the ends this is what gets me through the brutal winters here HTH

Last edited:

Evolving78

It's wash day. Dcing now. I think I will tee shirt dry and finish the rest on cool using the blow dryer. Or just pinning my ends up.

caliscurls

Have started heavy sealing to protect my ends during the winter. I've also reintroduced heat protectants as I don't foresee stopping my blow dry and/or in-direct heat routine. The last few times I tried air drying I experienced breakage and I'm not willing to experiment anymore with air drying since the current routine works.

Lucia

Ok wash day tomorrow but I have to run errands so my hair will be baggied up under a knit hat. Will do an overnight Dry DC tonight because of this cold vortex I will be upping my DC to 2x a week dry DC ing to keep my hair moisturize and winter proofed. I will seal with my oil and butter then dry using a t shirt

Last edited:

Lucia

It doesn't feel fair to join this since I don't really cut my hair anyway. On the other hand, I have been thinking about cutting lately so let me know if this challenge has room for me. :grin:

DoDo

Sure there's always room just get the trimming out of the way first if you need to.

kblc06

#sigh I fail lol :lol:. I straightened my hair and started to S&D. In my defense, I ONLY clipped 8 single strand knots and about 10-20 split ends :look:. Someone please hold me accountable. I'm usually only tempted to trim when I straighten so it looks like Imma be heat free til May :spinning:.

On the plus side my hair has grown about an inch and has really thickened up :yep:. I'm grazing WHIP length :yay:

Lucia

#sigh I fail lol :lol:. I straightened my hair and started to S&D. In my defense, I ONLY clipped 8 single strand knots and about 10-20 split ends :look:. Someone please hold me accountable. I'm usually only tempted to trim when I straighten so it looks like Imma be heat free til May :spinning:. On the plus side my hair has grown about an inch and has really thickened up :yep:. I'm grazing WHIP length :yay:
kblc06 Put the scissors down and step away ::orders: :spank: Actually put them away down at the bottom of a cabinet or drawer and forget about them like I had to. Also if I feel the urge to cut I think about how much progress I've made am making when I don't constantly cut it off. Also looking at my top YT inspirations in this thread help too. I keep those bookmarked and ready. Notice they all stopped cutting for a significant amount of time or forever in the case of the YTs in the OP. I didn't realize how scissor happy we are Well last day to officially join is Nov 30 so you're technically still in grace period. Straitening hair seems to be the downfall for cutting ends and length off in the beginning Shake it off and get back on this wagon.

Last edited:

Whimsy

LOL at gettin tagged in this!

I am in.
I think.

Eventually I wanna grow my hair out... maybe just to BSL...

Oh who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll wanna get to hip again....

I"M IN
OFFICIALLY.

I WILL NOT CUT...even tho I had an appointment scheduled lol.
I will just trim away the permed ends and grow it all out natural again.

Yep.

caliscurls

I noticed yesterday that ever since I joined this challenge I've made more of a point to check my ends when my hair is down....as if saying I'm not cutting is going to make the split ends appear :)

Since chopping off my relaxed ends over the summer I've stopped deep conditioning (without issue) but am going to start back up.

So far so good. I stocked up on my staples and some other good finds Black Friday so I'm ready!

I'd been thinking about flat ironing for Christmas and New Years but have decided that fancy buns will headline instead.

Holla

Still going STRONG! I'm not cutting until my birthday in May. Not one hair. I bought a boatload of products and I am using them to up my moisture and strengthen my hair. I will just have to wear buns and curly styles with I want to let it down.

Evolving78

Still going STRONG! I'm not cutting until my birthday in May. Not one hair. I bought a boatload of products and I am using them to up my moisture and strengthen my hair. I will just have to wear buns and curly styles with I want to let it down.
I am going to see what my ends look like at the end of the month and go from there.

Lucia

LOL at gettin tagged in this! I am in. ..... I think. Eventually I wanna grow my hair out... maybe just to BSL... Oh who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll wanna get to hip again.... I"M IN OFFICIALLY. I WILL NOT CUT...even tho I had an appointment scheduled lol. I will just trim away the permed ends and grow it all out natural again. Yep.

Whimsy
:wave:
Welcome aboard

Evolving78

I put some big cornrows in my hair as a protective style under my wigs and to keep my hands out of my hair. I think I am starting to be ok with not trimming my hair every week, since I had someone to hide my scissors too! I hope this style works for me and I'm able to retain some health ends.