Doing your hair when you're sick?

asubeauty

How do you take care of your hair when you're sick? I've haven't been feeling well lately (I had headaches too severe to put anything on my head, and I had an IV in my hand, so I was limited). Needless to say, I can't wash it. My mom did a little bun and brushed the sides, but there is only so much you can do on 7 weeks post relaxer dirty hair. :ohwell:

Now my hair is jacked up. :sad:

Nonie

Cornrows w/o extensions? I know when I had surgery, I was in twists for two weeks. Didn't have to think about my hair, but I'm natural so I don't know if my suggestions are useful. :ohwell:

Gracie

Get a satin pillowcase so you don't have to worry about a scarf too much. See if Mom is willing to do a "No Rinse" Shampoo followed by a leave in.

bermudabeauty

Well I dont' know if you are bed ridden or not. But hair would be my last concern. But.... if I could ,I would have my mother wash/condition my hair for me and let my hair dry in two big braids. Even if I had to sit in the tub and have her wash my hair in the tub, I would have her do it. It might even make you feel a little better. Get well soon

lilsparkle825

i am having a medical procedure next week so i am putting in kinky twists tonight and tomorrow. low maintenance at its finest. i will just spray em with braid spray (or glycerin and water, have not bought any glyerin yet though) everyday and when i am back on my feet wash my hair. if it takes longer than i expect for that to happen i will try to find some dry shampoo. i also have a satin pillowcase and several long scarves that i will tie erykah badu-style around my hair if it begins to look frazzled.

asubeauty

Well I dont' know if you are bed ridden or not. But hair would be my last concern. But.... if I could ,I would have my mother wash/condition my hair for me and let my hair dry in two big braids. Even if I had to sit in the tub and have her wash my hair in the tub, I would have her do it. It might even make you feel a little better. Get well soon

I'm not bedridden, just a little less active than usual...:lol: I just feel like it's an inconvenience to not be able to do my hair little things that I want to do for myself. :sad:

And I'm not too concerned with how my hair looks right now, but I don't want to get better and look at myself like :eek:

Irresistible

I hope you feel better soon! you could wipe your hair/scalp with wet cloths and witch hazel or I mean have your Mom do that, if you wanna kinda mildly clean/refresh it, but a little dirt never hurt, it will still be there to wash when your feeling better! :yep:

scoobygirl

I don't know if you are a DIYer or worried about cost, but the easiest thing is to just treat yourself to a couple of salon visits until you're better. It may even cheer you up some to get pampered. Or if you don't trust stylist, give a close friend your reggie and have them do your hair.