Does your?

sassyhair

Hair have to be wet or damp when you apply moisturizer? When you apply moisturizer on dry hair does it feel the same?

Mine has to be damp or moist with something when I apply my moisturizer in order for it to feel moisturized. My dry hair does not take moisture well. I have been either washing or co washing, applying leave-in and then mositurizer, and my hair feels great.

I would like to be able to moisturized my dry hair because I dont want to rewet or dampen my hair everynight.

I agree my hair takes moisture better when its wet. But I cant wet my hair everytime I want to moisturize it so I apply it to dry hair. It does okay.

I feel ya Sassy.

My hair takes moisturizers better on dry flat ironed hair or wet/damp hair. My airdried hair doesn't take well with moisturizers dry. Since I am not flat ironing these days and I am wearing a ponytail I made a homemade concoction with conditioner, water, and oils and that's what I use to moisturize my situation.:grin:

This helps wet it some and it helps my ponytail smooth back because right after I put on my silk scarf!

If you are not wearing straight styles you can do this or you can lightly mist your hair with water before you moisturize. I have water in a spray bottle that I mist right before I add my humecto and kemi oyl to my ends and baggie. Works perfectly.

my hair doesnt do well with moisturizers on dry hair unless it has been flat iron or rollerset. Since I am in protected styles, I add moisture while my hair is wet. It just work better that way.

My flatironed hair does not like moisturizers definitely, plus me ends snag when I flat-iron so I have been doin without heat for now. My dry hair period does not like moisturizers. I wear my hair in a banana clip or curled, i do the ponytail rollerset and I love that my hair get moisturized while doin this. I guess I will have to do the set everynight because just shuffling the moisturizer through my hair aint workin.

I started misting my hair with water again, but I apply moisturizer to my hair while it's damp. It feels much better this way.

My everyday style doesnt allow me to do that. I think I have found a solution. I have been putting my moisturizer on my dry hair, but just a min ago I tried using my leavein and that worked better. Only time will tell though. I have almost everything about my hair under control except for this issue and my hairline being dry.

It depends on what I'm using to moisturize with. Sprays only seem to work on my damp hair, but creams can be used wet or dry. I always do it on wet hair though, because I have more control of the outcome.

Back